Help! total new comer needing some serious assistence! (searched and read)
Sep 9, 2009 at 7:07 AM Post #17 of 21
KONAKONA thanks alot for everything

you've been kind and very helpful

i think i will go with MDR-V6

i was wondering if you could help me with few more things, how are Koss PRO3AA and Sennheiser HD 202? they are out for grabs and i'm willing to invest if i get good response

(it seems like the phones i'm interested in are very minor or not considered hi-fi...)

Sep 9, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #18 of 21
FWIR and can remember, the HD 202s are muddy and generally trash compared to the HD 201, and the PRO3AA was very very bright and had no low end. That might have been the 4AAA though....

Sep 9, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #19 of 21
1. Dont waste your time with the lower-end Koss/Senns if you can afford something better. The V6 has been suggested by a couple of Head-Fiers, and I think thats a significant step up from the Senn 202

2. Does it matter if the headphones you are interested in are considered 'very minor' ? The important thing is that you will get value for your money. You can buy more expensive headphones over time, but spending money doesnt always equate to getting value for that money. Forget brands, pricetags and image : the advice you've been given in this thread, so far, has been very level-headed.

3. Enjoy the Sonys.

Sep 9, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #20 of 21
Oh, we forgot to tell you to save up for JH-13s.
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't worry about the amp too much. You probably want to look into upgrading your source first, like drubbing said. Upgrading to an amp (especially with easy to drive headphones and portable amps) wont get as much results as upgrading your source.

Don't forget that some headphones can have low impedance and still be a pig to drive. Case and point, K701.

Yes, I realise that, but the advice was general - the pig driving low impedance phone are in a minority.
wink.gif
And anyone who'd be looking at pairing them with a portable player wouldn't be here, nor likely to stumble across a K701.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back