Help! Think i blew my headphones?
Sep 7, 2012 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

redrider123463

New Head-Fier
Hey,

So anyway yesterday i went to use my headphones, (Bose Quietcomfort 3's) and the left speaker is very quite, like its blown, the bass is pretty weak. I was only using them on my Macbook and with my ipod, so there wasnt any amps or anything. It could be the wire because earlier it was going in and out when i moved the plug around. What do you think?

Sep 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #2 of 12
Quote:
Hey,

So anyway yesterday i went to use my headphones, (Bose Quietcomfort 3's) and the left speaker is very quite, like its blown, the bass is pretty weak. I was only using them on my Macbook and with my ipod, so there wasnt any amps or anything. It could be the wire because earlier it was going in and out when i moved the plug around. What do you think?

Yeah it sounds like there is a weak connection with the cable if the volume moves when you jiggle the plug.

Sep 7, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #4 of 12
Mass produced consumer quality here, sorry OP. I have a friend with the same problems with his QC3 and eventually he got fed up with it continuously breaking down and me mocking him because not even one of my headphones broke yet (even my 40 year old AKG K141s! [obviously I didn't own them since then, I'm much younger than the headphones!]).

Sep 7, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #8 of 12
Wire is probably broken. Cut the plug off, strip wires and test. If the drivers work, solder on a new jack. If they don't work, return for warranty replacement.

Additionally, don't be an arse to people who are trying to help you.

Sep 7, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Help! Think i blew my headphones?

Wow... you must be hard up for cash.

wink_face.gif

Sep 7, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #11 of 12
you cant blow your headphones by just playing music through it, and hey OP please be more polite with the people here ok?
you can rip your headphone apart and resolder the wire to the driver housing, but since it has noise canceling system it will be a little more complicated inside

first mistake: bose.

Sep 7, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #12 of 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back