Help! Someone with mad soldering skills needed for quick project!
Sep 9, 2015 at 9:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

AVU

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone with superior soldering skills up for a project, please contact me. I have a very long, brand new in package TWAG iem cable with XLR termination. Want to cut it in two to terminate both ends to standard 1/8in.  Thanks!

Sep 9, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks, I've tried on some other pairs, and for some reason, I just keep having problems. This cable is FAR too expensive for me to risk screwing up, so I'd rather someone with a lot of experience just make sure the job is done well, and leave me to my trial and error tinkering for less important things :wink:

Nov 12, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #5 of 7
Soldering is just down to patience  the right size of soldering iron for the work you do and making sure the solder flows  over the correctly heated component with out creating a high resistance joint . Its a basic part of -do it yourself - that you should learn , if you cannot find a friend locally then you would have to pay someone to do it, this will cost you so you are the judge as to what you paid for the original cable and what you would be charged is worth the trouble , but maybe somebody will do it for nothing ?  We all learn by trial and error in electronic construction but please try and learn so basic a diy function.

Nov 12, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #6 of 7
A good way to learn is to go to the thrift store find some beat up piece of solid state gear and practice desoldering and soldering parts back in. And yes it does take time and patience but with enough practice you'll be good at it to where most anything will not frighten you. Just my two cents YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back