Help: Shure SE535 Ltd Edition Red - in Thailand?
Mar 23, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
does munkonggadget have a physical store as well? I can't read the site even if it's in (partial) english. I am in Krabi now and will make my way to bangkok sooner or later.

They do have several physical stores in Bangkok e.g. at Panthip Plaza, Digital Gateway (Siam Square) etc.
Jet Live Audio have various portable audio equiptments as well, the shop is in Exchange Building (Asoke bts station).
Both shops have Shure, Westone, UE but I don't think there's Earsonic distributor here in Thailand.

Mar 12, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #19 of 23
I am back in Thailand on vacation and I would really like to know where in Bangkok to go to get a pair of these Shure SE535 Red limited editions.

Does anyone know of any place that sells them in Bangkok, perhaps in Mungkong Gadget in Pantip Plaza, or Jaben in Gateway (BTS) Ekamai?

Any other stores I should look at?

Any help would be appreciated!

Mar 13, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #21 of 23
There is a shop called Jet Live Audio in Exchange Tower (BTS Asok) it might have it.

Thanks for the help! I just checked their website and they do have the SE 535Ltd. :)

Mar 25, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #22 of 23
Well I just arrived back from Thailand with a few goodies from the guys at Jet Live Audio and Mungkong Gadget. First auditioned the Shure 535 Ltd-J Red at Jet Live Audio, and I was amazed at the sound they produced even with the stock cable. I then listened with an upgrade cable and was left stunned at the sound quality these Shures put out.

Upon auditioning the Westone 4 I found them to be very accurate but a bit of a flatter soundstage and not as involving or engaging as the SE535 Red. I did not audition the regular 535 so it basically came down to a choice and I chose the SE535 Reds.

I then went off to Mungkong Gadget at Pantip and got a JDS C5 (Red) portable amp to go with the 535 Reds. As well as the iBasso D-Zero to use as a DAC with my MacBook pro.

Also from Munkonggadget I got the ALO Audio CRYO SXC 18 line out connector dock to use from my iPhone / iPod.

First impressions listening to this setup on the flight from Bangkok is the sound is absolutely jaw-dropping. And that was using the stock cable. I elected not to get the upgrade cable from Jet Live at the time, as I figured I had spent enough for one day and I wanted to do a bit more research on upgrade cables before purchasing one.

I listened to the 535 Reds straight out my iPod for about 2 hours on the flight home and then another 2 hours using the ALO LOD connected to the JDS C5 Amp and the difference was startling, the clarity was simply amazing. The amp also has a nifty bass boost switch which comes in useful for tracks where you want a bit extra bass emphasis; it is subtle and well-controlled. All in all the JDS C5 was well worth it for me. I have not had a chance to listen to the iBasso D-Zero yet, but will post my impressions later on. It had some very positive reviews online, in particular as a DAC, which was the reason for purchasing it.

I think apart from an upgrade cable, my search for IEM aural nirvana has ended; as I can't imagine anything non-custom sounding as good or better than what I am experiencing. And I am not really interested in spending substantially more to find out. I do plan on getting the best cable I can afford for my Reds however, any suggestions will be appreciated.

For those interested - I will post some photos soon.

Thanks Pitak! if it was not for you I would not have been able to audition these and make an informed decision. Much appreciated :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back