HELP: Sennheiser GAME ONE speaker grille cloth makes rattling noise
Jul 18, 2020 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

rLego

New Head-Fier
This a brand new Sennheiser GAME ONE headset.

It seems that the left speaker grille cloth is a little bit loose, not quite tight. I could even overlap it if I tried. It makes an annoying rattling noise on lower frequencies. If I gently press down a bit, the rattle's gone.

Is there any way I can fix this myself? I already returned one with the same problem. Might be unlucky and third one's the charm?

Any owner of this headset had a similar issue?

I should add that I have a Sennheiser PC360 and the grille cloth is tight. If I press down, it bounces back. And doesn't rattle.

Here's what it looks like, roughly

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 7
Sounds like you have a hair or something similar under the cloth. Are the grilles removable? If so take it off and see if you can spot anything like a hair near the driver.

FWIW a grille cloth to my knowledge cannot cause a rattling noise.

Jul 19, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #3 of 7
Hey, thanks for helping me out.

Following your suggestion, I tried to figure out how to remove the grille. Here's video with the grille on and off.

axWwCa3.jpg

There was clearly no rattle with the grille off. So at least there isn't any problem with the driver itself. Tried to clean the grille as best as I could, even though it was pretty hairless and clean. I put it on and there it was the rattle again.

NqGMOAl.jpg

Grille seems a bit baggy for my taste but I don't know...

Jul 19, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #4 of 7
Does the grille have a plastic ring,and if so is that ring broken perhaps?

Jul 19, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #5 of 7
Doesn't have a ring. Only thing I see is a bit of plastic sheet in the back, where the grille is hard molded all around. I think it's glued and doesn't look broken or loose.

I might add something in between the driver and the grille just to try and see if it works. Not sure what yet.

Jul 19, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #6 of 7
Have written to Sennheiser customer service to explain the issue and request a new grille cover?

Jul 19, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #7 of 7
Absolutely, already did to my local Sennheiser technical service, although because of quarantine they are not fixing anything. As well as EPOS/Sennheiser, explaining everything and asking for extra grilles, pretty sure in my country doesn't have them.
I could return them and get new ones again but return shipping through local courier is taking almost 4 weeks.

I just recently cut a kitchen sponge and placed it where there's no holes. Glueing wasn't necessary, the pressure from the grille is enough.

PD8IJFj.jpg

No more rattle. It works!

gTLSg5g.jpg

Sticks out a bit, but just enough.
Still, I'll try to get new grilles!

Thanks again!! I don't think I would have been able to quick fix this if I didn't talk it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back