Help Rockboxing a Clip+
Nov 28, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #22 of 28
I figured it out using manual installation! There was one step I wasn't doing correctly. Me=computer illiterate

Thanks for everyones help. Now I'm off to mess with settings.
dt880smile.png

What is the best theme for managing the EQ?

T

Nov 28, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #23 of 28

Quote:
I figured it out using manual installation! There was one step I wasn't doing correctly. Me=computer illiterate

dt880smile.png

T

Awesome! I am using DFTK's theme.

Nov 29, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #24 of 28
Glad you got it worked out. I was reading this thread thinking to myself "God what is going on here..."
Also, you don't need a theme to manage the EQ, well not really. I personally use iAmp for my Now Playing screen but I think I use a different font (man it's been a while since I've used mine).

Mar 13, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #25 of 28

Quote:

dt880smile.png

T

Hi - what was this one thing that you did not do correctly? I'm having same kind of trouble right now - the clip+ using original firmware even though I have installed rockbox on it - maybe you could share?

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #26 of 28
What I did

1) Upgrade stock firmware using sansa updater
2) Disconnect, let clip do firmware upgrade
3) Reconnect to PC load Rockbox updater, select drive and culip+, click install bootloader and install rockbox, have copy of .16 stock clip+ firmware on your HD. Let it mod and copy the new firmware to the clip+
4) Disconnect clip let do the firmware upgrade
5) Switch back on, Rockbox will now load.

Dec 9, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #27 of 28
Quick question, sort of related to the thread - I've got a brand new clip+ with a class 4 32 gig microsd card in it. 

With any version of rockbox on it, I have a loud buzzing noise playing in between tracks when the tracks change from one song to the next - I've seen it described in other threads as s "buzzing bee" type sound and it has been theorized that it has to do with microsd card access and internal cpu usage. It doesn't matter what kind of IEMs I use with the rockboxed clip+: W4, UM3X, various etys, and even the buds that came with it - the noise occurs regardless of the type of IEM used.

I've formatted the microsd card and the clip+ a couple of times, trying to correct the issue, but it seems to be a problem with rockbox itself.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

On the latest version standard firmware, I have no such noise in between tracks, and everything plays perfectly, but I'm sort of disappointed to run a vanilla clip+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back