Help Rockboxing a Clip+
Nov 27, 2010 at 3:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Painful Chafe

500+ Head-Fier
I have been trying in vain to Rockbox my Clip+. I have read every forum, instructions, blah blah blah out there. I have the firmware file v01.02.15 unzipped like I need, downloaded the bootloader. I have attempted to install it on my Clip+, it shows it installed but nothing is different on my Clip. If I try to install it again on my clip I get a message "Rockbox installation detected. Do you want to make a backup first?"

I seriously contemplating sending it to someone here with a postage paid return box to do it for me.

Nov 27, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #2 of 28

Quote:
I have been trying in vain to Rockbox my Clip+. I have read every forum, instructions, blah blah blah out there. I have the firmware file v01.02.15 unzipped like I need, downloaded the bootloader. I have attempted to install it on my Clip+, it shows it installed but nothing is different on my Clip. If I try to install it again on my clip I get a message "Rockbox installation detected. Do you want to make a backup first?"

I seriously contemplating sending it to someone here with a postage paid return box to do it for me.

Why don't you just use the Rockbox Utility?

Nov 27, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #3 of 28

Quote:
Quote:

Why don't you just use the Rockbox Utility?

X 2. I just got your PM. I would also recommend you try the utility.

Nov 27, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 28
Yup did that. that's what I've been using. It says it installs it, but doesn't and then gives me the message "Rockbox installation detected. Do you want to make a backup first?" when I try to do it again. I'm sure I'm doing something incredibly stupid, so apologies in advance for the palm to forehead thing you will do when this is figured out.

Quote:
X 2. I just got your PM. I would also recommend you try the utility.

Nov 27, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #5 of 28
did you try to restart the player after the rockboxing ,i dont have a clip but the fuze connects to the computer w/ the original firmware then needs restarted to get to the rockbox software

Nov 27, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #6 of 28
OK, just to be sure, what I circled here is what you're pointing to when prompted by the Utility, right?

Nov 27, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #10 of 28
Nov 27, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #11 of 28
i kinda remember the sansa updater giving me problems directly after the rockbox install ,the sansa firmware is on the chip and never gos away so the updater could flash it back or something (sorry for the overly simple solutions thats just what i always hope for)

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #13 of 28

Quote:
i kinda remember the sansa updater giving me problems directly after the rockbox install ,the sansa firmware is on the chip and never gos away so the updater could flash it back or something (sorry for the overly simple solutions thats just what i always hope for)

The sansa updater? Get rid of it....it's a waste of space and nothing but a bit of nagware on your computer, that phones home to Sansa whenever you plug in your player. If you want to to a Sansa firmware update, do it manually.

Of course, with Rockbox, there's no more need for Sansa firmware updates, except in very rare cases like that of the OP.

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:02 AM Post #14 of 28

Quote:
hey what are the impressiones you guys have about rockbox on the clip+? i'm thinking of doing to mine and was wondering what kind of improvements there are and if its worth it or not.

I'll never go back to the Sansa firmware.....Rockbox rules. If you want to know more, click on the word Rockbox in my sig.
L3000.gif

Nov 28, 2010 at 1:26 AM Post #15 of 28
updater definitely a waste of space, but my point is if its on the computer it might be interfering w/ rockbox installation
and also rockbox is totally worth it even if you have to mail it off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back