HELP , RIP 24/192 CD TO MAC . any one know easy way .
Nov 7, 2011 at 10:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

FLYWIND

New Head-Fier
Help me , i am new guy in here , and in hi-fi.
I got some 24/192 CD , i want it into my hard disk using AIFF store in 24/192 format , i only have MAC , and I found  XLD , MAC, but both CDDB data not got better than iTunes, Some CD cannot find information. Any one can give the suggestion how to do it .

And the 44/16 Media can using 32bit  USB DAC by using MAC or iPod ?  The music will process as 32Bit , or still in 16bit. I mean if i only have 16 bit file , when i using 32bit DAC, the sound will become more better? any one can give me a resource to study this. i am very confuse at the bit-rate with sound quality.  

Thank You for helping .

Nov 7, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #2 of 9
 It's true. If you have a 16/44 format, and try upsampling it to 24/192, it would be like taking a small glass of water, and pouring it into a larger glass in hopes that you would get more water.

Nov 7, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #3 of 9
But why some CDs ,they are said they are 24 bit / 192 Khz .  is it true? or all CD , HDCD, only have 16bit / 48 Khz  . 

What different between these two . 192khz and  44 Khz 

if like this, why we need iPod DAC like Fostex HP-P1, it is 32bit DAC , but iPod only can play 16bit 48 khz file . why this DAC will better than other 16bit or 24 bit DAC? (not consider with Amp )

Nov 7, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #4 of 9
Is this a CD, as in a CD you bought in a regular store that can be played on a regular CD player? Or is it a Blu-Ray disc or something?

A 24 or 32 bit DAC isn't better than a 16 bit DAC. That's probably the least important thing to consider when questioning a DAC's quality. Besides the shiny case it comes in.

Nov 7, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
Is this a CD, as in a CD you bought in a regular store that can be played on a regular CD player? Or is it a Blu-Ray disc or something?

A 24 or 32 bit DAC isn't better than a 16 bit DAC. That's probably the least important thing to consider when questioning a DAC's quality. Besides the shiny case it comes in.

yes , bought from store ......can played by regular CD, not Blu-Ray Disc 

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
Then it's 16/44.1. Why'd you think it was more than that?

It was probably advertized as having been recorded at 24 bit 192Khz which it likely true but then it was resampled & dithered down to the CD formats resolution. It is common for such to happen . Chesky has done this for years with thier 24 bit 96KHz recordings tranfered to CD format. I can see how it could cause confusion especially for someone who hasn't been around the audio business for long.

Nov 8, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #8 of 9
Understand now .

but if like this , so  that mean when we using 24 bit DAC external to process 16bit file will get noting improve , only can get faster and better decode and cleaning background ? 

so why we using  Fostex HP-P1 Portable DAC , since iPod only can play 16bit file , and also we only can trans 16bit file to iPod . 

Nov 8, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #9 of 9
The DA chip is 24-bit. It is used in other products which can work with the digital output from a computer. You are correct that it has no meaning in the Fostex with your iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back