Help Please
Jul 31, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #16 of 32
For a sub-$200 USB DAC/AMP you'd be hard pressed to find something better than an iBasso D2 Boa.

Jul 31, 2008 at 10:52 AM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Pinna /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please look at this:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/ult...review-343241/

Then, look at the other links in my signature area.

Good luck

The man just got his Sennheiser.
What's the point of shoving an Ultrasone down his throad?

Jul 31, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys my senns should be coming in tommorow. From what I hear they will need a great burn in period. I dont have an amp yet, but wil be getting one soon. Can I burn them in with my ipod or would I be better off burning them in with a high quality amp. My question is does what you use to burn your cans in with matter in how they turn out?

Late reply, but I just stumbled upon this thread:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/res...riment-343547/

Jul 31, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #23 of 32
Ill definetly have a look at that article. In the meantime, I have an opportunity to buy a creek obh-11 for 90 bucks. How does that amp stack up with the ibasso? I do understand it has no dac.

Aug 1, 2008 at 1:09 AM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmoney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys sorry to be a pain, but I need to let the seller know tonight about the creek obh11 I am considering. Is there anything better in the under 200 price point?

$90 is a great deal for that amp. Do you need the amp to be portable? If yes, the Creek would not fit your needs.

I have that model amplifier and I really like it, but I have nothing to compare it with. Well, I guess I can compare it to the headphone output on my ipod. I'm using the HD580s and the SR225s. The difference with the HD580s + OBH11 is tremendous.

Anyone else use the creek and other amps for some comparisons? Would love to hear them!

Aug 1, 2008 at 1:48 AM Post #26 of 32
So it is a huge difference then? Atleast compared to the ipods headphone jack? I figure Ill get it and can always sell it later for the price I paid when i am ready to upgrade.

Aug 1, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The man just got his Sennheiser.
What's the point of shoving an Ultrasone down his throad?

Quote:

Please look at this:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/ult...review-343241/

Then, look at the other links in my signature area.

Good luck

I'm sorry, I somehow missed that he had already definitely decided on the Sennheiser.
Having said that, Tiemen, there is something I want you to know. If I ran Head-Fi, your rudeness would be immediate cause for banning you. You could have just as easily taken the "high road" and said something to the effect of 'Peter, you must have mistakenly missed the idea that the O.P. has already selected the Sennheiser...' No, you chose to take the path of the " rude verbal gutter" . I believe you owe me an apology.

Aug 1, 2008 at 8:19 AM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

If I ran Head-Fi, your rudeness would be immediate cause for banning you.

If you ran Head-Fi it would be called Ultrasone.com
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:12 AM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you ran Head-Fi it would be called Ultrasone.com
very_evil_smiley.gif

ROFL
beyersmile.png

Aug 1, 2008 at 11:16 AM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

I'm sorry, I somehow missed that he had already definitely decided on the Sennheiser.
Having said that, Tiemen, there is something I want you to know. If I ran Head-Fi, your rudeness would be immediate cause for banning you. You could have just as easily taken the "high road" and said something to the effect of 'Peter, you must have mistakenly missed the idea that the O.P. has already selected the Sennheiser...' No, you chose to take the path of the " rude verbal gutter" . I believe you owe me an apology.

I apologize for taking the rude path. Didn't mean to offend you, but I was really pissed off.
Here we have someone uncertain of what to choose.
Finally he made a decision, and then comes along another headfi-er, basically telling him he made the wrong choice. Because that certain headfi-er didn't take the time to read the whole thread, but sees that someone is asking for advice, and immediately drops his Proline 750 and the like.
I want OP to enjoy his Senn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back