Help Please
Aug 1, 2008 at 1:13 PM Post #31 of 32
I put a vote for an ibasso for an amp/dac. It is so very, very good.

Aug 1, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #32 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you ran Head-Fi it would be called Ultrasone.com
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiemen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I apologize for taking the rude path. Didn't mean to offend you, but I was really pissed off.
Here we have someone uncertain of what to choose.
Finally he made a decision, and then comes along another headfi-er, basically telling him he made the wrong choice. Because that certain headfi-er didn't take the time to read the whole thread, but sees that someone is asking for advice, and immediately drops his Proline 750 and the like.
I want OP to enjoy his Senn.

I was not trying to indicate in anyway that the OP made the wrong decision. If that was an apology, Tiemen, it was one of the most conditional apologies I've ever read. As far as my reading the thread is concerned, I did read through it but somehow managed to miss the post where he indicated that he had definitely decided. And, even if he had decided, does he not have the right to consider changing his mind if something such as Covenant's excellent review comparing the 600's to the 750's is presented to him for his evaluation? I think, as a Head-Fi member, I have the right to address another member who is considering an important decision, writing (in essence) "Have you seen this information? Perhaps you would be well advised to look at this information because, after reading it, you may want to reconsider. In the end, the choice is, of course yours."
When someone is as uncertain as this member has been leading up to his supposedly "definite" decision, I think he has the right to read different opinions about various headphones. In truth, I did not see that the OP had posted that he had definitely decided on the 600's. If I had seen it I might have started my post with "I know you said you have already decided but, I thought you might want to take a look at this just in case you might want to reconsider after reading it..." There are times, when I have seen that a poster has made a definite decision and has been very certain in his or her overall decision process throughout the entire thread. And, in a situation of that nature, I did not present other options because of the overall certainty of the poster. This OP, quite by contrast, has seemed to have been on "shaky uncertain ground" regarding his decision throughout this thread. And that is the primary reason why I wanted to ask the question (in essence) "Are you sure?" I see nothing wrong with that. And, if you do, perhaps you also believe in monopolies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back