Help. Please. Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zirconia's V Signature
Oct 27, 2010 at 3:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Starsky5000

500+ Head-Fier
Does the Panasonic Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zirconia's earphone have the same V signature that the Audio Technica CK7 have (which i love so much)???

Also i read their is a problem with filters falling out is this still true or had the problem been fixed?

Thank You All.

Oct 27, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #2 of 12
I dunno if its the same, but it is a V shaped signature. Foam mod and tips help balance things out, but it is naturally a V/U shape.

A couple of people have reported the tips falling out recently, so I suppose it's still out there for some. But this really isn't a major issue at all. Makes modding easier, doesn't really damage the headphones(indeed, some IEMs like the Hippo VB don't have filters in the first place), and if you want you can use foam or some thin layer to protect the opening. Just a minor nuisance.

Oct 27, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #4 of 12
Don't you have an unopened pair?

The filters falling out is common and has no effect on sound. Mine has not fallen out but I did take it out and found no difference in sound.

Oct 27, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #5 of 12
I had one. But I never opened it & returned it. I regret my decision alot, especially now. I wish i didn't return them. I'm sorry but sometimes reading stuff on this forum can sway you in a different direction than you want to go. But I'll order myself another one so i can have at least one of these in my earphone/headphone collection.

Oct 27, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #6 of 12

Quote:
My filters fell out but I honestly don't know why they're there in the first place.  The only thing I can think is to block earwax or something. 

Quote:
Don't you have an unopened pair?

The filters falling out is common and has no effect on sound. Mine has not fallen out but I did take it out and found no difference in sound.

Are you guys referring to that paper thin little mesh screen??  If so, mine came out as well and I just put it back in. Like everyone is saying, It has no effect on sound whatsoever, I wouldn't even call it a filter, I'd call it a screen.  All that aside, in or out, It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. 

Oct 27, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #7 of 12
I guess my pair is just lucky then. It took me some effort to remove the filter to put the foam in before I put it back in. I do have other filters that would work in case it did fall off so not a big deal for me.

Oct 28, 2010 at 12:15 PM Post #11 of 12
You can also just take it out yourself. That's what I did with mine as the filters on my pair seems to be pretty secure.

Oct 28, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #12 of 12
I think I will have to forcibly take off filter to do mod but I am waiting until burn-in period ends before deciding to do mod. I heard somewhere that the harsh highs and sibilance calm down a bit after some burn-in. It may be placebo but I feel like it's already improved somewhat...in relation to original post, the V shape sound is quite pronounced to me such that I love these with instrumentals and bass-centric songs but feel like they are lacking in vocal midrange. To compensate, I bought a cheap pair of Altec Lansing UHP606 which is known to have a upside down V signature and the vocal range is much better IMO, the vocals on the AL sound more upfront, smooth, and natural than the CZs. The bass on the ALs sound more distorted though compared to the detailed bass of the CZs. I like both for different reasons, but I do find myself reaching for the AL's more often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back