Help Please! Looking for the best bluetooth earbuds/headphones for gym workouts
Jan 31, 2013 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lukevaka

New Head-Fier
I train a lot. I hate using wired earbuds while training. Any suggestions for a secure fit set of Bluetooth earbuds that stay in-ear or good Bluetooth headphones for training?

Feb 4, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #2 of 4
Bluebuds X.

[Edit:] Mine proved to be defective (the microphone didn't work) and I'm still waiting for a replacement.

[Edit:] Replacement sent.

[Edit:] Replacement received.

It really works well. The connection is a lot more stable than with the Jabra Clipper I also own, especially outside, and having less cables to fight with is a blessing. I still wish for bigger tips, though. Maybe I'll try Comply tips, but the maintenance (i.e. replacement) cost of foam tips is a little bit daunting. Getting custom silicone tips is also a possibility, but the angle would have to be just right for the earphones to be comfortable and not protrude too much.

[Edit:] A couple of months have past.

I've bought three kinds of Comply tips, all L-size, and hitherto tried two. One (the "sport" one) was too small. Another (the "round" one) fit better than the original Bluebuds X tips, but it's barely big enough and I can still lose the seal, depending on head/jaw motion.

The replacement Bluebuds X still works fine, in spite of my wearing them at the gym and sweating copiously. The sound is good enough that I'm now doing most of my listening on them: They've become my commute earphones.

My opinion: It's worth the asking price.

Sep 29, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #4 of 4
The BlueBuds X are a solid choice for bluetooth headphones.  I use mine for when I'm working out running and at the gym.  They work well for these chores.  Bluetooth sound profile was better than what I had originally expected.  Price is a little high but well worth it.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back