Help, please! How to get Tidal downloads onto an A&K SR15 A&norma
Jul 23, 2019 at 9:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rjsphd

New Head-Fier
Hi, I am new to the forum and new to a portable device: an Astell&Kern SR15 A&norma I purchased on Ebay to be able to listen to Tidal music offline.

To my surprise, I now believe I have to install a Tidal app from APK onto my player to be able to download Tidal music--the installed service on the device only allows streaming.

I have a mac and a pc to work with. It seems that I cannot download it via the MacBook, so I have downloaded the Pure APK Install app onto my PC and downloaded the Tidal app from the site. But despite trying many permutations, I am clueless as to how to get the Tidal android app onto my SR15.

If anyone has been down this road (successfully) and will guide me in detail what to do, I will be so indebted. ( If there is a thread that has instructions, please point me to it--and apologies for not finding it myself.) Otherwise, I have a pretty expensive paperweight on my hands.

So excited to solve this problem and then moving on to buy some good headphones!

Jul 23, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #2 of 3
First let me say I hope you find answers to your questions and I go on to say I also am new to this quest for finding quality music sources . I was somewhat discouraged when I found out that streaming music on Spotify did not offer the quality that many here use our strive for , this is also a hurdle I am trying to navigate so will be watching this thread in hopes of finding answers also. Obviously A good sounding system starts with a good source of music then DAC/AMP and a good set of headphones . Would be very useful to find a post/tutorial covering these three areas but I have yet to find a post regarding the ABCs and 123’s , I can only imagine said post would be very objective and subject of great scrutiny ,but a simple description ,diagram or what have you, describing music sources and DAC’s, amplifiers and headphone basics would be helpful .

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #3 of 3
A&K was nice enough to send me a link to instructions that even I could follow. See open-app-service-instructions . Note that downloading with the Tidal app on this device would not work until I set the Download setting to "Normal" from anything higher in quality. Makes me wonder if that defeats the whole purpose of buying the device in the first place!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back