Help please! Can’t choose!
Dec 16, 2017 at 3:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

JPull07

Head-Fier
m looking for closed back set for gaming on ps4. I was going to
Get 661 evo, but I heard they leak pretty bad. I don’t want my
Game audio leaking into my mic or the party chat audio leaking to my family while I play. Also considering the akg k52. And the monoprice retro headphone Which of these are a go? Also I can’t find anywhere to buy the superlux 669 except somewhere that’ll make them be 65$ with shipping (Thompson.de)

Dec 17, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #3 of 8
Check the Creative Aurvana Live

Dec 17, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #5 of 8
Creative Aurvana Live has a smoother overall frequency response while NVX XPT100 has some extra colouration here and there.
Creative Aurvana Live is slightly easier to drive. NVX XPT100 isolates better.

I'm not a gamer so can't help you much with regards to the PS4 and the mic.

Dec 17, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #6 of 8
Creative Aurvana Live has a smoother overall frequency response while NVX XPT100 has some extra colouration here and there.
Creative Aurvana Live is slightly easier to drive. NVX XPT100 isolates better.

I'm not a gamer so can't help you much with regards to the PS4 and the mic.

I was reading some of the amazon reviews and a few of them mentioned a terribly uncomfortable headband on the aurvana. Do you have them and feel this is the case?

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #7 of 8
I don't own them. You can check Head-Fi reviews as well.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/creative-aurvana-live-headphones.6798/
Most of the head-fiers list comfort among its pros.

There's always a trade off, anyway.
Creative Aurvana Live will give you a balanced yet warm sound that's ejoyable and easy on the ears.

NVX XPT100 will give you more isolation and sturdier build.

AudioTechnica M40x or Shure SRH440 should provide a more detailed oriented, less bassy presentation.

You can also read about the Takstar Pro 82.

It's often hard to find an absolute best for everything. Look for their overall pros and cons, and try to find the one the suits your preferences the best.

Dec 17, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #8 of 8
I don't own them. You can check Head-Fi reviews as well.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/creative-aurvana-live-headphones.6798/
Most of the head-fiers list comfort among its pros.

There's always a trade off, anyway.
Creative Aurvana Live will give you a balanced yet warm sound that's ejoyable and easy on the ears.

NVX XPT100 will give you more isolation and sturdier build.

AudioTechnica M40x or Shure SRH440 should provide a more detailed oriented, less bassy presentation.

You can also read about the Takstar Pro 82.

It's often hard to find an absolute best for everything. Look for their overall pros and cons, and try to find the one the suits your preferences the best.
You’ve given me some great options. I really would love the takstar pro 82 but I CAnt find it anywhere for purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back