Help: Periodic Audio not responding at all- need contact info
Nov 13, 2023 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

calbear

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I am not sure I am in the correct section to post this. If this is incorrect, mods please put in the correct place.

I hate to do this, but I needed to air my grievances for a manufacturer.
I sent multiple emails, plus a message from their own site where you can contact them, but have yet to hear from them. This was starting back in October 12th, so over a month ago.
It was for a warranty claim on their Periodic Audio Beryllium "Be" model.
It comes with a 5 year warranty.
I hadn't listened to the Be for quite a long time, but when I did, there were issues with it, and I realized that the warranty term was coming close to the expiration so I figured I should contact them.
My friend and I organized a headphone club meeting a number of years ago. Periodic Audio decided to sponsor our meet here in the San Francisco Bay Area. They gave my friend three of their IEMs, the Mg, the Ti, and the Be to be used in a drawing. Surprisingly in the raffle, I won the Be.
We were asked that whomever won the IEMs from the drawing could submit a review (which I did on head-fi), and that it came with the same 5 year warranty as if we purchased it (that reminds me that I need to update my review and change my rating based on this new information).
Now I wonder if they aren't responding to my warranty claim because I did not purchase this item, but won it. Whether it was paid for, won, or given as a gift, the product should still have the manufacturer's warranty.

They don't have a phone number to access them, and the ones that they used to have are all disconnected (did a deep dive Google search).
Does anyone have any contacts with the company, or perhaps even their founders, as they need to know how ridiculously bad their customer service is. If you can PM me an email or phone number, it will be much appreciated.

Nov 13, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #2 of 4
Hello,
I am not sure I am in the correct section to post this. If this is incorrect, mods please put in the correct place.

I hate to do this, but I needed to air my grievances for a manufacturer.
I sent multiple emails, plus a message from their own site where you can contact them, but have yet to hear from them. This was starting back in October 12th, so over a month ago.
It was for a warranty claim on their Periodic Audio Beryllium "Be" model.
It comes with a 5 year warranty.
I hadn't listened to the Be for quite a long time, but when I did, there were issues with it, and I realized that the warranty term was coming close to the expiration so I figured I should contact them.
My friend and I organized a headphone club meeting a number of years ago. Periodic Audio decided to sponsor our meet here in the San Francisco Bay Area. They gave my friend three of their IEMs, the Mg, the Ti, and the Be to be used in a drawing. Surprisingly in the raffle, I won the Be.
We were asked that whomever won the IEMs from the drawing could submit a review (which I did on head-fi), and that it came with the same 5 year warranty as if we purchased it (that reminds me that I need to update my review and change my rating based on this new information).
Now I wonder if they aren't responding to my warranty claim because I did not purchase this item, but won it. Whether it was paid for, won, or given as a gift, the product should still have the manufacturer's warranty.

They don't have a phone number to access them, and the ones that they used to have are all disconnected (did a deep dive Google search).
Does anyone have any contacts with the company, or perhaps even their founders, as they need to know how ridiculously bad their customer service is. If you can PM me an email or phone number, it will be much appreciated.
A bit of a long shot, but worth checking: Have you ensured that replies from them has not been filtered out of your inbox by your spam filter?
I work support for an online company were 95% of the communication happens via email, and the above happens a lot more than you would think it does.
So if you haven't checked, try that.

Nov 13, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #3 of 4
A bit of a long shot, but worth checking: Have you ensured that replies from them has not been filtered out of your inbox by your spam filter?
I work support for an online company were 95% of the communication happens via email, and the above happens a lot more than you would think it does.
So if you haven't checked, try that.
Hello Lindholdt,
Thank you for your response.
Yes, I have checked my spam multiple times, as I posted some stuff for sale on craigslist, and almost all of the responses to my ads go to my spam folder. So I've had to check it multiple times a day. I appreciate your suggestion though.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back