[HELP!!!] Orpheus, Ebay and a man's foolishness
Apr 28, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #46 of 62
The reason is eBay don't really give a **** so long as they get their 20%!  Their so called protection schemes  I found often just dont work when you really need them.
I have used their so called service in the past and found my self seriously out of pocket both as a seller and a buyer to the tune of $100's.
If you buy internationally eBay seem incapable of coordinating any issues across countries even across Europe.

Quote:
Well not even that Theogenes. They could have people they hire to investigate the listings. Especially on pricy gear that is well known to be replicated and ripped off in China. Such as Audio gear. Even test the waters by purchasing an item themselves to verify if the item is indeed legit. Holding the money until they verify if the item is indeed genuine. Of course they would make such purchases on items that are clearly fraudulent. It's quite easy to spot them. Usually from the "it's too good to be true prices", shady advertising (misspelling, copied adds as you stated" and of course the location that the items are being sold in. China being a  big red flag.

Apr 28, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #50 of 62
Quote:
Yeah I reported the seller to ebay with evidence linked that the pictures the seller used is from another HE90 listing used over a year ago.

Good on you. I have no idea why I didn't do this already. Good call. 

Apr 28, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #51 of 62
So removed, or some1 bought?

Apr 29, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #55 of 62
Quote:
Well this thread has run its course. And people should be more aware of listings on ebay now.

Golden rule. If it's too good to be true, it is :p. While I understand everyone wants to score a super deal. The crooks will use that against you. Using greed to take advantage of greed. Go figure.

Apr 29, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #56 of 62
Yep as I said earlier in this thread. If it's too good to be true, than there is another side to it or something fishy/sus going on. That said the only time a good deal is indeed true is if I'm physically holding/seeing the item myself.

Apr 29, 2013 at 5:34 AM Post #57 of 62
This listing has been put up a couple of times in the last week and I have reported it both times.  Seems likely its the same person so he may try again 
deadhorse.gif

Scammer scum also list these [size=small]fictitious [/size]items on eBay classifieds, Kijji, Gumtree and the like, all owned and operated by ebBay.  So you will see the same high priced audio gear, including Orpheus, Sony R10's advertised all over the world where there is an eBay auction site.  They use the same images stolen from the web so you really need to be extremely careful if the seller is going to ship the item to you rather than meet in person.

Apr 29, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #59 of 62
While being aware of 'too good to be true', there are times where it is just a $0.01 bid :S

Did learn my lesson this time however, and thanks for those who have helped me and helped reporting the listing.

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #60 of 62
Quote:mrAdrian
While being aware of 'too good to be true', there are times where it is just a $0.01 bid :S

Did learn my lesson this time however, and thanks for those who have helped me and helped reporting the listing.

I was so looking forward to listening to them........  
triportsad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back