Help on portable Earphones Purchased Kef M200 Hi-Fi
Sep 3, 2013 at 4:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bombadilio

Head-Fier
The only purchase I am not sure of so far is the KEF M200 Hi-Fi Earphones I purchased for almost $200 from the amazing vendor Head-fi recommends:

http://www.razordogaudio.com/collections/aiaiai/products/kef-m200-hi-fi-earphones

Has anyone used these? I am can't tell  the difference between this and the Iphone 5. These are harder to wear and keep on coming out of my ear. Should I push it into my canal deeply? Or am I just using them wrong? I connected them to my phone and kindle and they feel slightly under-powered. 

Was hoping these would be better for gym, walking the city, etc

On another note, I am still able to return these headphones. My budget is 0 - $300 I already spent $200 and if $300 will get me great then sure I'll do it. Right now for my regular headphones I have the 65th annies from AKG and they are AMAZING. They blow away these M200's 

Love to get your input.

Sep 3, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #2 of 9
This thread will tell you all about tips, depth of insertion, etc with the M200. http://www.head-fi.org/t/675160/kef-m500-m200-appreciation-thread

Sep 7, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #3 of 9
  The only purchase I am not sure of so far is the KEF M200 Hi-Fi Earphones I purchased for almost $200 from the amazing vendor Head-fi recommends:

http://www.razordogaudio.com/collections/aiaiai/products/kef-m200-hi-fi-earphones

Has anyone used these? I am can't tell  the difference between this and the Iphone 5. These are harder to wear and keep on coming out of my ear. Should I push it into my canal deeply? Or am I just using them wrong? I connected them to my phone and kindle and they feel slightly under-powered. 

Was hoping these would be better for gym, walking the city, etc

I am afraid these IEMs are not made for gym or even walking. The seal is not that easy to get (no deep insertion) and the isolation average. If you want to hear them working properly, you must succeed in getting a good seal (maybe try the biflange Meelec, UE900 or Monster MD Trumpet tips) and listen at home with an amp connected to your player.
And then, you will know why some members like me think these IEMs sound so unique
and refined.

Sep 10, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #4 of 9

I am afraid these IEMs are not made for gym or even walking. The seal is not that easy to get (no deep insertion) and the isolation average. If you want to hear them working properly, you must succeed in getting a good seal (maybe try the biflange Meelec, UE900 or Monster MD Trumpet tips) and listen at home with an amp connected to your player.
And then, you will know why some members like me think these IEMs sound so unique
and refined.

Yea, I can get a good sea on my left ear, but I am having a lot of difficulty with the right ear. The Headphone keeps on falling out. 
Amp wise, do I need to buy an amp for these? I have the AKG Annies (702) and a part of me wonders if I need to connect these to an amp then the amp to my phone just to get good sound :frowning2:

I read the article and just need some blunt guidance if you could please give it.

Sep 11, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #5 of 9
Man, I think that to give their best, either your Kef and AKG need an amp.
I suggest you take a look at the Amp Section. Depending on your budget, you will easilly find something.
If you don't want to spend too much money, maybe should you try an O2 amp wich costs about $100.

Oct 17, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #6 of 9
Still trying to get these to work, I gave up and am going back now, Razordogg said to have them broken in for 100 hrs and I should not need an amp. 

The problem is I REALLY can't tell the difference in audio clarity between this and the iphone 5. I just bought a note 3 so I am going to compare this with my extreme quality tracks on spotify.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Oct 18, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #7 of 9
Still trying to get these to work, I gave up and am going back now, Razordogg said to have them broken in for 100 hrs and I should not need an amp. 

The problem is I REALLY can't tell the difference in audio clarity between this and the iphone 5. I just bought a note 3 so I am going to compare this with my extreme quality tracks on spotify.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Maybe should you upgrade your "extreme quality" to the wav quality of an uploaded CD on your iphone or note3?... By doing so, you will probably hear a better clarity.

Oct 9, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #9 of 9
Hey guys,

Been a bit, I figured I would give an update as to what I did, I ended up having a real nice sales manager at Razordog Audio, he took them back and I kept the AKG 65 annies instead, I just never saw a difference with the Kef vs iphone 5 headphones. Ironically I hate the iphone 5 headphones wiht my android but they just were not comftorable with my glasses, and never stayed in my ear. 

Thought I would write in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back