Help on how to fix a warped vinyl lp
Oct 17, 2004 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

steam3642

100+ Head-Fier
Hello
Does anyone know a good method on how to take warps out of a lp, i thought about 2 pieces of glass and leaving them in a warm place but really not sure can anyone help ? cheers.

Oct 17, 2004 at 3:00 AM Post #4 of 12
Thanks Rick , your the man , all the best from Perth western Australia.
tongue.gif

Jul 23, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #6 of 12
I don't have the link, sorry.

It has been my experience that the best way to cure a warp is not to.

Those that have formed by improper storage will correct themselves over time if the record is stored properly -- vertically, not leaning, with mild, equal pressure on both sides.

Those that were formed in the pressing process can't be cured no matter what you do.

The best approach is to find a cartridge that can play warped discs. The best I've found are Shure cartridges with their dynamic stabilizer. I believe the only current model they make with a stabilizer is the M97xe, which is excellent.

Jul 23, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #10 of 12
I like this tip from that article Uncle Erik:

Quote:

Make sure the LP is clean and put it inside a quality sleeve (Discwasher VIP sleeve, for example).

I always thought just putting an LP between the glass would be enough, but I'm sure a fresh Nagaoka sleeve wouldn't hurt much either.

Jul 24, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He posted it four years ago, man.
tongue.gif

Hahaha, I laugh at my own stupidity. How did I not notice that this thread had risen from the dead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back