Help! newb with over ears and need help with sennheiser hd 449's
Nov 3, 2012 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

will24k

New Head-Fier
hey guys,

just received my new headphone, been in much need of a good pair for years so went up a level and got myself a semi decent mid range over ears for the first time only the sound out of the left ear is coming through very distorted reminds me of a loose drum skin, is this normal or are they faulty? as ive heard people mention about burning them in? also ordered a fii0 6 for them but not got it yet.

thanks,

Will

Nov 3, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #2 of 2
I don't know if the 449 does, but to my knowledge the entire line of HDs have a removable chord. You might want to check to see if it is properly attached. If it is and you are still getting distortion, try buying a new cable for your set. If it still is bad, that means that there is probably a problem with the actual wiring inside the headphones, and that is extremely hard to fix. Burn in doesn't fix distortion though. All it does is basically like breaking in new shoes. The diaphragm becomes more loose and settles to the way it is supposed to so that it sounds better.

You also might want to try plugging it into a different source and see if that fixes the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back