Help needed with Zen Micro
Jun 22, 2006 at 12:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Mobile Fuzzman

Head-Fier
Hi I was in the recovery menu of my Creative Zen Micro (5gb) meaning to format the player but I accidentally selected reload firmware and then yes. Now my computer doesn’t recognize the player even when I run the firmware updater. What did I do
confused.gif
How can I fix this? If this helps I'm running Windows XP pro SP2

Thanks
Mobile Fuzzman

Jun 22, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 14
Which firmware was on the player before? 2.xx.xx or 1.xx.xx?

Either way, your computer is supposed to detect it.

Delete the Zen Micro from Device Manager when its connected and then see if it'll re-install the drivers for it automatically. Once you do this you should be able to install the firmware on there.

Jun 22, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpian007
Which firmware was on the player before? 2.xx.xx or 1.xx.xx?

Either way, your computer is supposed to detect it.

Delete the Zen Micro from Device Manager when its connected and then see if it'll re-install the drivers for it automatically. Once you do this you should be able to install the firmware on there.

i was using 1.11.01. what version would u recomend?

Jun 22, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 14
Do you have Windows XP with SP2 and WMP10?

If so, the 2.xx.xx firmware is pretty good. Allows you to transfer music without using the Creative software. Otherwise if you're happy with how things were, get the latest 1.xx.xx firmware.

Jun 22, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #5 of 14
ive got windows XP pro sp2 with WMP 11. so still use 2.xx.xx? but im formatting my comp in like a week and putting windows xp home sp2 and WMP 11 so what would go better with home?

thanks

Jun 22, 2006 at 12:53 PM Post #6 of 14
I personally prefer 2.xx.xx.

There shouldn't be any difference between Pro and Home for transfering music to your player.

Jun 22, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #7 of 14
ok thanks for the help but it still isnt working. the player is in teh recovery mode with the data transfer logo but it still doesnt want to do anything. what else should i do? the firmware updater just says your player is not connected but it is shown in windows explorer. pls help

thanks
mobile

Jun 22, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #8 of 14
Ran into this problem while fooling around with WMP11 a few weeks back. Apparently WMP11 doesn't like the 2.XX firmware. I had to System Restore my computer to before I installed WMP11. It was only after that that I could reflash the firmware.

Jun 22, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #9 of 14
so what your saying is uninstall wmp 11 and reinstall the firmware then i can put wmp 11 back on?

Jun 22, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #10 of 14
I only did the first two steps at what you listed, so I don't know what would happen if you put back WMP11 on your computer. I use Windows Explorer to transfer files anyway, so no need for me to even install WMP10 on my computer.

Jun 22, 2006 at 5:00 PM Post #11 of 14
ok so i uninstalled wmp11 and now have wmp 10 on my computer and i went to try the install again but it didnt work it just does the same thing as before. so i tryed it on a diff computer and it still didnt work there. any more ideas?

thanks
mobile fuzzman

Jun 23, 2006 at 12:43 AM Post #12 of 14
Hmm, when I erased my firmware from my Zen Micro it still detected in Windows. Have you tried deleting the Zen Micro drivers from Device Manager?

If that doesnt work, in the recovery mode select Erase Firmware again and when it asks you to have the firmware ready, connect it to the computer and see if it will detect then.

Jun 23, 2006 at 1:04 AM Post #13 of 14
yah i tryed those things so im going to format my computer tonight and install windows xp home. c if that works if not ill post it and let u now

Jun 23, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #14 of 14
Haha success!! All I had to do was try it on a third computer and it worked!!

Thanks
Mobile fuzzman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back