Help needed on buying a pair of Portable Headphones for around 300 euro's.
Aug 30, 2010 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Djo77

Head-Fier
Right now I am using the HD 25 1-11s I will now say why I like them and what I would want to be better on my new headphones.
Please notice I am no audio expert since I don't no what audio stage etc. is so my + - points will be quite simple ; ).

+ Points.
Isolation. I love the isolation, more isolation is allways nice since it's better for my ears (I want to keep using them when im older you know :).
Comfort. Actually I love the thight grip the HD 25s have since I don't think they are thight at all. And I actually quite like wearing them both on my head and around my neck.
Sound Quality. I like the overall sound quality they have, I don't really know what to say else about this, if you have more questions please ask me.
L cable. I like the L cable it's far easier to use in 'portable' situations.

- Points.
Bass. The only really - point I have is that I don't like the bass. I just don't feel it. A cable upgrade was reconmended but I don't really feel like changing cables. + I would think that 
upgrading a cable won't really change as much as I want. Maybe I received a faulty product?

Something else.
Style would definetly be a plus point because my headphones are allways around my neck, though if it decreases sound quality I probably wouldn't really mind. Although I don't want them to look horrible.

Money. 
I have 300 euro's availeble at the moment and I can't really afford more because I'm just 16 and don't live in a very rich familie / haven't won the lottery.

Music. 
I listen to all kinds off music really so I would like a headphone which is an allrounder.
Examples are,
Alt. Rock .Like: Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Dirty Pretty Things, Gorillaz.
(Folk) Metal. Like: Finntroll, Whispered.
Ska. Like: Big D and the Kids table, The Aquabats, Streetlight Manifesto.
Anime OST's.
Rap: Eminems old albums, Spose and Cam Groves.
DNB: Subfocus mainly.
Dubstep: Skream mainly.
Folk. Like: Omnia, Medieval Babes.

You get the picture.

Amp.
I'm planning on buying one in the future. It probably won't be more then 50-70 euro's though. Also, I would like headphones which can also be played without amp.
If you know a good one in that price range reconmend on I would appreciate it :).

Questions.
If you have anymore questions just ask me.

If you know a pair that could suit my needs please leave a comment, and if you have the time or know a good site that has those headphones you're reconmending, which ships to holland please leave a link!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back