help needed from owners of wadia Dac
Feb 21, 2010 at 11:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

GearGeek

New Head-Fier
hello,, not sure if any of us have a universial controller or a psp or familiar with this area, But I have to beg for a big favor , just got a wadia 25, and looks amazing, but can't use it, for that i can't find the remote, usually , no remote is not the end of the world, but for wadia device with so few ppl owing them, i can't find the code file to emulate this remote, most of the wadia's early remote happen to be able to send the same code i believe, could anyone "learn" & send to me this code to me please, I know it is a lot of trouble, even for those ppl know how to do it, so don't even waste your time if you have no idea what i am talking about.

Deep apology & thanks for even reading this

Cheers

GearGeek

Feb 21, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #2 of 2
I have a Wadia 781i CDP with a DAC built-in that can be used as a standalone DAC, and I have the remote. But I did some searching in the forums on

Welcome to Remote Central: Universal Remote Control Reviews & More!

and posters there warn that newer Wadia unit remote codes don't work with the 21, 25, etc.

One poster said:

Wadia Emailed me.

They said Wadia shares Pioneer remote codes

I have had mixed success with Wadia tech support via email, but you can certainly try them! Or try Pioneer ... you only need INPUT, MUTE, and VOLUME, correct? There is no POWER. As typical for Wadia, VOLUME is set to 0 on boot so you can't hear anything ... and can only be changed with the remote!!

Also, the Jensen SC-595 universal remote says it is pre-programmed for Wadia CDPs.

Ouch, I also read this:

Have any body pronto NG or Pronto Neo codes for wadia 21 cd palyer?
This model of wadia use standart Teac 420 codeset exept three important commands - MUTE, Volume UP, Volume Down....Remote codes from other models of Wadia, like 16 and 22 completely not work on wadia 21.

and

I was able to find is for a Wadia 23 player on the Prontoneo file area. It's a NCF file.

Maybe the 23 will work for you?? Check out the forums.

Let me know if you want me to steal VOL, MUTE, INPUT from my 781i. I might need tutoring, or will just use a learning remote and send it.

Wadia owners stick together! I'll do whatever you need!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back