Help!! Need to choose BEST headphone under 200$ from a list!!
Apr 19, 2013 at 6:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

edyo

New Head-Fier
Hello
I have somewhere around 200$ to spend on very good headphones. I am a basshead, so bass is really important for me.
But I also listen to almost all types of music-Rap, Hip Hop,quiet songs,electronic,Pop, dubstep,Rock and etc...
I need them to be portable for listening to music at home, traveling, rides and walking outside the house also.
I rather closed headphones but that is only an option.
SO here are my favourits after hours of searching:

[size=1.7em] 1. Shure SRH750DJ [/size]

[size=1.7em] 2. Shure SRH840[/size]

3. Beyerdynamic DT770PRO

[size=1.7em] 4. Audio-Technica ATH-M50[/size]

[size=1.7em] 5. Ultrasone HFI-580[/size]

AND

[size=1.7em] Ultrasone HFI-780 

[/size]

Thanks a lot!

Apr 19, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #2 of 7
What is your setup that u listen from?

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #5 of 7
since u have done some research on the list,
just go for your first choice...shure 750 looks like a good bet.
wait for one in the buysell forum.
that should reduce your financial risk. :p
later u can add dacs/amps etc..its part of the fun.

Apr 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #6 of 7
As a basshead, do you mean you like lots of bass, or that you like well-defined bass? If it is simply lots of bass, you might take a look at Sony XBR-500 or V-Moda Crossfade LP. The first is $69.95 and the second ~$107 on Amazon (you can find pricier versions higher up the line). Bass dominates the sound .. too much for me in most cases, but others seem to like it. Can't comment on some of those on your list. I like the ATH-M50's, and bass is prominent. I have different model of Utrasones (DJ1 Pro) and like the sound, but a good long burn-in period was needed to find the sweet spot.I don't know if the SHure 840's and the DT770's qualify as basshead phones, although they sound good to my ears. Hope this helps - happy hunting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back