HELP! Need portable CD/MP3 player with analog out!!!
Aug 6, 2002 at 2:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Paradigm

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone know of a portable CD/mp3 player that has analog out so i can connect it to my old technics reciver via AUX L&R?

I would really apreciate any info, also I have another question, does portable cd/mp3 players read anything lower than 128kbps?

I found this on the net
mp3_soulplayer.gif

avc_side_big.jpg

I hear good things about it, also it has a line out, would I be able to use some sort of y spliter in order to hook it up to my aux R&w on my old amp?

Aug 6, 2002 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 3
You just have to check the specs. Any player that says it has a "Line Out" should meet your requirements. It will most likely provide you with a mini-plug jack (like the one in your picture). You can buy a stereo mini-plug to RCA jack cable from any Radio Shack that will allow you to connect to your home receiver. Many players offer line out, many don't.

I have an IRiver SlimX MP3/CD player that provides line out. Oddly, the level of line out is controlled by the volume setting.

The other nice thing about having a line out is that it increases your options for hooking up a headphone amp.

-z

Aug 7, 2002 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 3
Yes, and the SlimX supports VBR so it should have no problem reading whatever you feed it
confused.gif

And that unit appears to be the same hardware as the RioVolt 100...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back