HELP! NEED HELP DECIDING ON A EARPHONE!!
Dec 14, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #16 of 27

Quote:
Quote:

Given your criteria, I wouldn't elect the TF10 as the best candidate. A potential candidate, maybe. Albeit still a weak one, considering there are far better alternatives, especially where bass, mids, and soundstage are collectively concerned. Within the $200 price range, I'd personally recommend the Atrio M5, EX600, ClarityOne (aka C1), or FXT90. Where rap and hip hop are concerned, the Atrio M5 is an excellent choice. That said, the C1 boasts a very deep, powerful low end; possibly the best one in terms of overall quality and quantity out of the 4. On the other hand, the EX600 and FXT90 offer better detail, clarity, and transparency than the C1. Presentation wise, the Atrio M5 may not be as open and airy as the other 3 vented dynamics. In any case, I'd search up and read more into each one of the aforementioned, and narrow down to whichever one appeals to you most. All the best! 
smile.gif

Thank you so much for your recommendations, I really appreciate it, just another thing, in terms of the bass on the 4 iems you mentioned, which ones have more punch and boom to their bass? And I was actually surprised that noone mentioned anything about the radius DDMs, cuz i read reviews about that and its supposed to be a bass focused iem

Dec 14, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #18 of 27
I'm another one on the TF10 bandwagon and for the music you listen to they would be really good as long as you can get a good fit.  Unlike one person said imho the bass is very good with nice depth and punch, also while the mids a recessed its not as much as some say vocals sound very clear and clean.  I have the ClarityOnes also and as far as bass goes they are fantastic and better than the TF10's.  The mids are forward and very clean but the highs can get somewhat taxing as they can be a little to bright at times but with some Comply tips it helps a lot to even them out more.

All in all you really can't go wrong with the TF10's and there under $200 on Amazon which is still a very good deal imo.  Like others have said checkout jokers reviews because they are very informative though he doesn't have a review on the TF10.

Dec 14, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #19 of 27

Quote:
Thanks for the input, can you recommend me any earphones that would let me feel the bass? Like with my Shures 215s right now, I feel that there is quantity in the bass, but I would like it if I could feel it more. Thanks, much appreciated. And my budget is within $200.

Like I said earlier, Golds are a good choice to look at. The Atrios are also known for excellent bass quantity and extension although I have not heard them personally. 

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #20 of 27
I hear the Golds are good but for almost $300 on Amazon I think the TF10's which are $100 less than the Golds at the moment would be a much better choice for over all SQ.  You can get the TF10's bass to sound really nice with the right EQ settings but if bass is really your main focus than some of the Monster IEM's would do fine though all the good ones are around $300 and over.

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #21 of 27
Golds are $180 here :wink:

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:
 The mids are forward and very clean but the highs can get somewhat taxing as they can be a little to bright at times but with some Comply tips it helps a lot to even them out more.

Just curious, if I use the Shure Foam tips, would that help even out the brightness?

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #23 of 27
No. Olives are one of the few foams that DOES NOT absorb high frequencies. 
For that very reason, comply foams sound excellent with TF10s are they do help tame the highs

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #25 of 27
Just to give more information on what the types of music i listen to, the songs that i listen to that involves singing are pretty much only http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahha3Cqe_fk&ob=av3n and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWRIHYQwKvQ aside from the few dance songs i have wit female vocals in them. So I dont think I am really in need of good Highs or sparkles.

Most of my songs aside from that are all rap/hiphop and Electro, house, dance music. In specific actually, this is a song that I find my Shure215 doesnt do a good job on, i feel that all the different sounds, and instruments can be reproduced and seperated better, I would hope to have better clarity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3OzHBEcymw&ob=av3e

And I think I have determined the type of sound signature that im after, i think its a warm+sweet sound. I want something thats been described as musical, fun, and warm. And ultimately something thats an upgrade from my shure215, hopefully in every aspect of its sound quality.

And I think I dont want something that is mid recessed.

On another note, I am really curious about the RE262 and GR07s, because I read really good reviews about them, so I also want to ask if those 2 iems would do a good job for the type of music i listen to. I know the RE262 lack a bit in bass quantity, but Im willing to EQ for bass boost. 

Oh and I dont have an amp, i would be using the iem for my ipod for daily use.

Dec 14, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #26 of 27
In my opinion the best one for you is still the TF10.  90% of what I listen to is EDM like techno, house, trance and all there sub genres and the TF10 just preforms great with that style of music.  I'm sure hip hop/rap would be the same as most if not all rap these days are heavily influenced by electronic music as far as there musical production.  Thats just my 2 cents, it really just all comes down to preference and everyone has a different one.

Dec 14, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #27 of 27

Thank you so much for your recommendations, I really appreciate it, just another thing, in terms of the bass on the 4 iems you mentioned, which ones have more punch and boom to their bass?

The ClarityOne.

Quote:
And I think I have determined the type of sound signature that im after, i think its a warm+sweet sound. I want something thats been described as musical, fun, and warm. And ultimately something thats an upgrade from my shure215, hopefully in every aspect of its sound quality.

You need not look past the ClarityOne then IMO. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back