HELP! Need Headphones with great detail and clarity
Aug 4, 2019 at 8:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

tophilis

New Head-Fier
hi

i am looking for a new set of headphones with a

- balanced sound
- excellent detail and clarity (not bright)
- with good soundstage
- fun but non intrusive bass. (i hate over-powering bass)

i listen to all kinds of music but i need a very balanced sound reproduction than a bassy one..

i have been going through many reviews and found 1More triple driver over ear headphones came close to what i was looking for. and i am planning on buying it.

but before that i just want to know if there better options at the same price range with the above requiremnts.

pls let me know
TIA

Aug 4, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #6 of 19
The 1 more triple driver over ear is a decent option, though it's not exactly neutral or balanced. The low end is emphasized, but tastefully so. The mids are slightly recessed as well. Detail and clarity is good, imaging is pretty stellar. Soundstage isn't bad for a closed back portable. Are you set on closed back cans? I'd also consider the Beoplay H6. They sound lovely. Bass isn't as big as the 1 more, there's more breathing room - air around the instruments. I feel it has a greater out of your head experience as well. It's more neutral, and more comfortable imo.

Aug 4, 2019 at 10:55 PM Post #7 of 19
The 1 more triple driver over ear is a decent option, though it's not exactly neutral or balanced. The low end is emphasized, but tastefully so. The mids are slightly recessed as well. Detail and clarity is good, imaging is pretty stellar. Soundstage isn't bad for a closed back portable. Are you set on closed back cans? I'd also consider the Beoplay H6. They sound lovely. Bass isn't as big as the 1 more, there's more breathing room - air around the instruments. I feel it has a greater out of your head experience as well. It's more neutral, and more comfortable imo.

hey
thanks.
I am not a basshead but wud like a bit of fun in the bass at the same time not over-powering. yeah i am looking for closed back cos i wud like to use it outside when i am travelling..

is the 1More better than the beyerdynamic dt 770 pro 250ohms?

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:32 AM Post #8 of 19
hmm Sennheiser HD600, AKG K702 or Hifiman 400i are usual candidates in that area

Aug 5, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #11 of 19
I dont wanna be mean, because im not aware of your financial situation. but if you want great detail and clarity... it will be very difficult at that budget.
However that being said, you could get cheapy studio monitor cans, they might give you the sound you're looking for. 1More triple driver headphones are terrible. they're not clear and not as detailed as other headphones. they're very much sounded and for an on-ear, are quite over priced for what they are.

Aug 5, 2019 at 8:16 AM Post #13 of 19
hi

i am looking for a new set of headphones with a

- balanced sound
- excellent detail and clarity (not bright)
- with good soundstage
- fun but non intrusive bass. (i hate over-powering bass)

i listen to all kinds of music but i need a very balanced sound reproduction than a bassy one..

i have been going through many reviews and found 1More triple driver over ear headphones came close to what i was looking for. and i am planning on buying it.

but before that i just want to know if there better options at the same price range with the above requiremnts.

pls let me know
TIA
For the budget you've quoted, possibly the Phillips Fidelio X2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back