Help: Name these Koss
Oct 8, 2007 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

dimm0k

100+ Head-Fier
This morning my coworker asks me to put on these earphones and plays the Transformers movie for me... the sound coming out of these Koss clip ons sounded really nice, but neither of us could figure out the model. Hopefully someone here knows which one these are.

Sorry for the quality... all I had available was my camera phone.

186761306629.jpg

186761230981.jpg

Oct 8, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #4 of 13
Damn, you guys are awesome! They sounded quite nice and if these are anything like the 75s I don't know if I can wait!

Oct 8, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #5 of 13
Yes, they should have the same drivers as the KSC75's, but I can't remember if they were titanium coated. The KSC55's were - those were the same version as these with a behind-the-neck band.

Oct 8, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #7 of 13
KSC50.

NOT the same driver housing as the KSC75.
SAME driver housing as the KSC55, UR40, KTX Pro1, Optimus Pro35A.

However all 4 share the SAME driver diaphragm element. I have owned and taken apart all of these cans at some point.

Oct 9, 2007 at 3:57 PM Post #8 of 13
The ksc75 is slightly more "in your face" sounding than the ksc50.
The ksc50 is just a little bit more laid back and smooth.
The ksc50 is no longer made,but someone in the for-sale headphone section in this forum has some ksc55 back of the neck sport type for sale that were branded for some company for a decent price.

I have both and they sound great really.

Oct 9, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ksc75 is slightly more "in your face" sounding than the ksc50.
The ksc50 is just a little bit more laid back and smooth.
The ksc50 is no longer made,but someone in the for-sale headphone section in this forum has some ksc55 back of the neck sport type for sale that were branded for some company for a decent price.

I have both and they sound great really.

Would you recommend the 50 over the 75?

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #10 of 13
Its hard to recommend one over the other. They are both in the same class. Ever so slightly, the KSC50 is ever so Sennheiser-ish,,and the KSC75 is ever so Grado-ish.

The 75's are slightly more fun, and the 50's are slightly more refined sort of.

If you love your 325i , then get the 75's...............If you wish they were warmer, then get the 50's if you can find some.

If you really wanna know......ill be at the Nov 11 meet in Babylon,LongIsland......and if youll be there,ill bring both. Im sure someone has stock 75s there. My 75s are recabled with cat5, which i know is a cheap way to recable, but they sound awesome really. They almost make me wonder why i dont just have 2 pairs of cat5- 75's here and just run far away from head-fi forever!!!

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by dimm0k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you recommend the 50 over the 75?

No.

The KSC75 earhook can be bent for a custom fit. Bend them for a tight fit and it increases bass and closes in the soundstage a little. Bend them for a loose fit and it opens up the soundstage and lightens the bass thump up a little.

the KSC50 earhook is flexible rubber and hard plastic. If it doesn't fit your ears right you're bum out of luck.

Oct 10, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you really wanna know......ill be at the Nov 11 meet in Babylon,LongIsland......and if youll be there,ill bring both. Im sure someone has stock 75s there. My 75s are recabled with cat5, which i know is a cheap way to recable, but they sound awesome really. They almost make me wonder why i dont just have 2 pairs of cat5- 75's here and just run far away from head-fi forever!!!

Hrmm, well I already have the 75s on order so they should be arriving some time this week if all goes well. I just wanted to know if I should look for a pair of the 50s too! As for the Nov 11 meet I'm looking forward to it, but things may pop up in between now and then... It'd be great to listen to both side by side to hear the differences.

Oct 10, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No.

The KSC75 earhook can be bent for a custom fit. Bend them for a tight fit and it increases bass and closes in the soundstage a little. Bend them for a loose fit and it opens up the soundstage and lightens the bass thump up a little.

the KSC50 earhook is flexible rubber and hard plastic. If it doesn't fit your ears right you're bum out of luck.

Wow.. Never knew the earhooks could be bent.. Well now I know, and they seem better than ever. Thanks for that small info Kramer
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back