Help! My Stax Omega IIs need a little TLC
Apr 7, 2012 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

fliz

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everybody.

I'm still loving my rig that I have thanks to this community.

Unfortunately my cable has developed a short where it meets the right can.  Anybody know who can fix this?

Also, my headband is looser than a... well, I'm not going to finish that sentence.  Anybody got any suggestions for how to replace the elastic part w/o buying a whole new headband assembly?

Thanks again for being such an awesome community!

-f

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #2 of 9
bump?

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #3 of 9
Could you post a pic?

Apr 11, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #4 of 9

The first one is not so easy, you need to disassemble the whole headphone and re-solder the cable at the entry.
First job if to remove the earpads by simply pulling onto the top edge and they come off. Also remove the spring underneath as it will only be in the way. Simply pull it out of the rubber grommet. Now there is a black plate with 4 screws holding it to the phones together. And then you need to remove the port which is covering the cable entry.

The second one is really easy to replace, just unscrew the 2 screws on the plastic from the arc assembly and put the new one in.

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #5 of 9
Thanks!

I fixed the headband quite easily.

When I opened the can, I couldn't tell if any of the wires wire disconnected, but a simple wiggle made 2 snap off.  I'll solder all three back, well.

If the short is still there after I put everything together, that'll mean that it's somewhere inside the cable (probably right where the cable meets the plastic wedge that enters the can.

What then?  Is there anywhere I can purchase a replacement cable?

May 16, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #7 of 9
so I emailed Yama's and got a reply.

$500 to replace the cable.  LAME.

This seems like it's WAY overpriced, but I don't see any alternative.

Before I bend over and take it, does anybody have any ideas on an alternative solution?  I'm not seeing one. :/

thanks again everybody.

-f

May 16, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #8 of 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back