***HELP***My Sony MDR-ZX700s DIED! No Right Side, Left Side is low and they are only 1yr old!
Jan 4, 2013 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

RickSpringfield

New Head-Fier
So, about a year ago I came into the Head-Fi.org forums looking for some advice on a new set of headphones because I was quite the green bean when it came to this topic.  A year later ... I am still proud to say I dont know much more than I did then.  But ... something terrible happened and now I am headphoneless.

I was working right along, and for whatever reason the volume in the right ear of the headphones went dead.  The left sounds kinda muted too.  I cant think of anything which would have caused this.  So, I called Sony and the guy said 'Those have a 90 day warranty and unless you purchased an extended purchase plan your option is to send these to Laredo, TX and for 50$ we will evaluate them and then fix them and send them back or upgrade you if they arent available in the warehouse'.

Well, in the meantime, I borrowed my wifes Bose Triports ... and guess what, THE SIDE WHERE THE METAL THING GOES IN JUST BLEW OUT.  I am not kidding.  The actually plastic snappy thing that holds it in just cracked into 3 pieces and metal slapped me in the face.

So now, I am headphoneless.  And much worse, I ruined someone elses along with my own.  So, being that I am out 50$ no matter what and a replacement set for the mrs.; I'm looking for some recommendations.  Ultimately, I'd love to get something with a service plan so that in a years time when something dies or breaks I can just get that taken care of.  But I know times change ... so I'd love to get your thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back