Help! My HM-801 came with 2 amps, what is the difference?
Dec 3, 2011 at 7:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Sweetmeat

100+ Head-Fier
I just bought a Hifiman HM801 and it came with 2 amp boards. The spare board is green with 4 transistors and 4 caps, it looks like the picture in the Hifiman manual. Inside is a blue board with 4 big chips and lots of little chips. Does anyone know what the difference between these boards is please?

Sorry if this is posted somehwere else but I have been searching for hours and no luck. I found several reviews which list supplied contents but they indicated a 32 GB SD card (which I didn't get) and no mention of an extra amp board (which I did get). Thanks.

Dec 3, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
I just bought a Hifiman HM801 and it came with 2 amp boards. The spare board is green with 4 transistors and 4 caps, it looks like the picture in the Hifiman manual. Inside is a blue board with 4 big chips and lots of little chips. Does anyone know what the difference between these boards is please?

Sorry if this is posted somehwere else but I have been searching for hours and no luck. I found several reviews which list supplied contents but they indicated a 32 GB SD card (which I didn't get) and no mention of an extra amp board (which I did get). Thanks.

(FINAL EDIT): Looks like someone else got two amps with his 801:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/582429/hifiman-hm-801-what-is-the-headphone-amp-board-v-2-0

You might want to follow his thread.  Hope this helps...
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back