Help me ! Which earphones is my best choice with 3 drivers ?
Apr 30, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by songobill /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I usually listen Classical,Jazz,Vocal...sometime I listen Alternative and Acoustic
I had a ER4S...and now I want to buy another earphones for some songs need bass
I don't like Strong Bass because It make me have a headache...I need Deep Bass and Moderate Bass....True sound and Balance

Triple Fi 10 Pro
Westone 3
Westone UM3X

Thanks for your help
smily_headphones1.gif

As i see you already have tf10 ,according to your signiture i will presume it has too much bass for your liking so recomend se530 if you rally want a 3 driver iem
beerchug.gif

Apr 30, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I vote for Shure 530
I just heard custom molded dual channel Shure 530.
It was astonishing experiance!
I never heard IEMs or Headphones sounding better!

They outperformed the HD800's?

Apr 30, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

I usually listen Classical,Jazz,Vocal...sometime I listen Alternative and Acoustic
I had a ER4S...and now I want to buy another earphones for some songs need bass
I don't like Strong Bass because It make me have a headache...I need Deep Bass and Moderate Bass....True sound and Balance

Triple Fi 10 Pro
Westone 3
Westone UM3X

Thanks for your help
smily_headphones1.gif

are you serious? the um3x i can see but the other two? jazz and vocals you want the se530, no question.

Apr 30, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #21 of 32
Classical on SE530 was a no-no for me. The treble roll off really takes a toll when it comes to classical although it does sound good with vocal and jazz.

I prefer TF10 over SE530 but classical music on TF10 sounds actually worse than SE530.

I haven't tried any Weston phones but general consensus is that UM3X has small sound stage which is essential for classical music. Of course, I cannot verify that so take this advice with a grain of salt.

I'm currently using monster Miles Davis and the bass is really deep and strong. It really puts weight and realism on the strings and wind instruments. I'd say these are one of the best classical phones that I ever tried right next to ER-4S. If classical and jazz is your thing, than I highly recommend trying it out.

May 1, 2010 at 4:12 AM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucozade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As i see you already have tf10 ,according to your signiture i will presume it has too much bass for your liking so recomend se530 if you rally want a 3 driver iem
beerchug.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you serious? the um3x i can see but the other two? jazz and vocals you want the se530, no question.

I used to listen try listening the se530...but I didn't like it because about treble and cable
But for my jazz I had the ER4S...so detail
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2010 at 4:24 AM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Classical on SE530 was a no-no for me. The treble roll off really takes a toll when it comes to classical although it does sound good with vocal and jazz.

I prefer TF10 over SE530 but classical music on TF10 sounds actually worse than SE530.

I haven't tried any Weston phones but general consensus is that UM3X has small sound stage which is essential for classical music. Of course, I cannot verify that so take this advice with a grain of salt.

I'm currently using monster Miles Davis and the bass is really deep and strong. It really puts weight and realism on the strings and wind instruments. I'd say these are one of the best classical phones that I ever tried right next to ER-4S. If classical and jazz is your thing, than I highly recommend trying it out.

I prefer TF10Pro to SE530...although classical on Tf10 worse than SE530...but I think the ER4S better

May 1, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
JH-10X3.

3 Drivers. Balanced as is gets.

Voila!

correct
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2010 at 1:36 PM Post #25 of 32
Thanks for your help
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic 748i /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They outperformed the HD800's?

In terms of quality no.
In terms of fun , excitement and pleasure yes!
HD800 is so detailed ,clean,balanced, sterile... It is like white surgery room. Bass is light for me. May be sources wasn't good enough for "Your majesty HD800". I don't know. Just no fun for me. Not at all.

Shure SE530 was dynamic driver sounding like. Just more detailed ,fast and reliefed.
Integral ,slightly warm sound. It have everything a lot. But not beyond that border when it became harsh or overpowering.
There was no sibilant at all also.
Soundstage is close to big cans. I couldn't believe it.

May 1, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

I prefer TF10Pro to SE530...although classical on Tf10 worse than SE530...but I think the ER4S better

Were you reiterating what I said? Cuz, that's exactly what I said.
smily_headphones1.gif
And for classical and jazz, I'd prefer MD over ER-4S.

May 3, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Were you reiterating what I said? Cuz, that's exactly what I said.
smily_headphones1.gif
And for classical and jazz, I'd prefer MD over ER-4S.

No...because I have the ER4S too
smily_headphones1.gif
but I don't know MD...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back