Help me ! Which earphones is my best choice with 3 drivers ?
Apr 30, 2010 at 11:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

songobill

New Head-Fier
I usually listen Classical,Jazz,Vocal...sometime I listen Alternative and Acoustic
I had a ER4S...and now I want to buy another earphones for some songs need bass
I don't like Strong Bass because It make me have a headache...I need Deep Bass and Moderate Bass....True sound and Balance

Triple Fi 10 Pro
Westone 3
Westone UM3X

Thanks for your help
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #2 of 32
Stroke out the Westone 3, they have way too much bass for your liking. Judging from your description I would say the e-Q7 will serve you well. Tight, controlled and not too strong but enough to suit all genre. Vocals are excellent and to my ears perfect for jazz. Classical sounded great as well though I must say not the best I've heard. But if you can't get them, get the 530s.

Apr 30, 2010 at 4:15 PM Post #4 of 32
^^ none of those have 3 drivers.

If the OP really wants 3 drivers, you have a very limited selection:

Westone UM3x
Westone W3
Audio Technica CK100
Earsonics SM3
Shure SE530
UE TF10 Pro

I am probably forgetting a few, but there aren't that many.

Of the above, only Westone and Earsonics offer true 3-way, triple driver designs, not that that necessarily means better sound but...

Apr 30, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #7 of 32
you need to get over the whole 3 driver thing. The number of drivers is becoming more of a marketing hook rather than a determining factor for sound quality.

Apr 30, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #8 of 32
^^ its really hard to 'get over' marketing factors though. Think of the entire PC industry: they went for nigh on 20 years about MHz, then in 2002 or 2003, they reached the ceiling at 3,8 GHz and there hasn't been an officially faster machine yet.

Of course, that 'faster' doesn't mean performance, but means numbers.

People still look at spec: RAM, Processor, HD even if they want to buy just for emailing and web surfing.

Marketing will always sell - without it, there is next to nothing to advertise a product. Whether a 6 driver earphone sounds better than a 3 driver isn't the question. Rather, it is what people will buy.

And marketing isn't about to go away. Even those of us who are clever and think outside the numbers box are hooked.

Look at the threads mentioning number of drivers (even my latest review has it). There simply is no way to get around it. Clothes, housing, water, food, lawn mowers - everything is marketed, and just like an earphone may or may not be better because of numbers, everything has to be weighed equally.

Picking out the driver wars is maybe... silly. There simply is no parity when it comes to sales. It is eat and eat, tooth and nail and like it or not, we are taken in by it completely. If we weren't though, there'd be next to nothing to buy.

Apr 30, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And marketing isn't about to go away. Even those of us who are clever and think outside the numbers box are hooked.

Look at the threads mentioning number of drivers (even my latest review has it). There simply is no way to get around it. Clothes, housing, water, food, lawn mowers - everything is marketed, and just like an earphone may or may not be better because of numbers, everything has to be weighed equally.

Picking out the driver wars is maybe... silly. There simply is no parity when it comes to sales. It is eat and eat, tooth and nail and like it or not, we are taken in by it completely. If we weren't though, there'd be next to nothing to buy.

I have a degree in Business; believe me, I understand marketing. I'm just saying, if the OP wants to make a more intelligent decision, he would do well not to let the "allure" of a multi driver headphone automatically equate to better sound quality.

Apr 30, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #10 of 32
^^ true.

I fully agree. But if s/he chooses one or 5 drivers, marketing will probably be at the core of the decision. Whether that filters down through reviewers opining about the clarity of a single driver, or the dynamics of multiple drivers, those words are very carefully chosen by professionals to demonstrate one thing: their mastery over their constituent market.

I tend to now like anything. Till 2008, I was a staunch one driver only guy. Then, the CK10 changed my mind. But then again, so did the CT6 from Sleek. And so too did the SM3 from Earsonics.

Flip flop, snip snap. I am like Michael Scott's vasectomy.

Apr 30, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #11 of 32
I vote for Shure 530
I just heard custom molded dual channel Shure 530.
It was astonishing experiance!
I never heard IEMs or Headphones sounding better!

Apr 30, 2010 at 5:50 PM Post #12 of 32
I will recommend these IEMs for most balance sound with deep and moderate bass like E-Q7, GR8, UM3x, SM3, ATH-CK100 and DBA-02......

Apr 30, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #14 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^ true.

I fully agree. But if s/he chooses one or 5 drivers, marketing will probably be at the core of the decision. Whether that filters down through reviewers opining about the clarity of a single driver, or the dynamics of multiple drivers, those words are very carefully chosen by professionals to demonstrate one thing: their mastery over their constituent market.

I tend to now like anything. Till 2008, I was a staunch one driver only guy. Then, the CK10 changed my mind. But then again, so did the CT6 from Sleek. And so too did the SM3 from Earsonics.

Flip flop, snip snap. I am like Michael Scott's vasectomy.

haha, I've never heard someone compare themselves to a vasectomy
beerchug.gif
. Just trying to keep the guy from making the same purchasing decisions I made in the past. When I first started out, I just HAD to have a 2 driver iem, then a 3 driver iem, then different model 2 & 3 driver iems, etc... needless to say, I've tried almost every universal iem due to my former 'fascination' with multi-driver iems & how they compare to each other. Where did I end up? I now listen to a single dynamic-driver iem, and prefer it over ALL other multi-driver iems I've tried.

Apr 30, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #15 of 32
^ +1. I also started by looking at triple armature IEMs, and was in a toss up between getting the TF 10 Pro and the Shure SE530. But I ended up getting IE8, and now the FX-700, both of which are dynamic. and only 1 driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back