Help me understand: Why Braveheart and Gladiator, but not The Last of the Mohicans?
Dec 28, 2007 at 1:30 PM Post #76 of 79
Actually, the only reason I brought up the grammar issue was because of his previous nitpicking over the spelling/grammar of different members in this thread.

I can't quite understand your fascination with the wooden melodrama of Heston, but I have to give you Bronson as a badass. Personally however, I much prefer Clint Eastwood, Paul Newman and Steve McQueen, but to each their own.

I don't really know where to begin with the hair-length-makes-the-hero mentality... what, should he have had a crew-cut?

Dec 28, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #77 of 79
I think you are making my point for me Viper. I Love Eastwood, Newman and McQueen movies as well. Goes back to what I was saying about it being impossible to list the top five movies. for that I apologize. Now you got me thinking the Gauntlet, Cool Hand Luke, and Papillon should be on that list too,,,LOL. No he should not have worn a crew cut, the point was he was not Hero material for most people at the time and that hurt the movie. Like I said, casting was done poorly. Poor casting is what I remember thinking when I saw it in the theater when it hit the theater's. I also think (just my opinion) a lot of other people felt this way as well. Yeah Yeah, I know Eastwood's wife is in the Gauntlet but ya have to admit, the scenes where the house and the constable and the bus were over the top. Here's one to get people going. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly,,,,second best western or first place.

Dec 28, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #78 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardHeadCase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Here's one to get people going. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly,,,,second best western or first place.

First place, hands down - though not without its fair share of competition. Funny you should mention it, since I just bought myself the Sergio Leone Anthology...

Dec 28, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #79 of 79
Spend time viewing about Sergio. Then watch Once Upon A time in the West and reconsider the question again. I say Once Upon A Time and my wife says Good Bad Ugly. Eastwood was asked to do Bronson's part and turned it down. Have fun with the Anthology. Make sure you slo-mo the gunfight between Bronson and Fonda,,,Fonda gets hit in the side and the bullet spins him around. Damn good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back