Help me to choose between Ultimate ears triple-fi and monster turbine copper pro need audiophiles help!!
Nov 14, 2011 at 5:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Sylaw

500+ Head-Fier
First of all guys im realy new to this audiophile world! I have a shure Se315... but to me its some what seriously lacking on its bass dipartment. But so far i love the balance. But still it confuses me most of the time on differnt music typs.

I listn to * Death metal, black metal, thrash metal, Dubstep, ambient, Trance, post-rock/ shoegaze type of music.

. i know its kind of a salad.. :) but nw i have about 250$ in my hand to go for a good phones.

My initial thoughts were to buy the UE triple-fi. But recently one of my friend told me about the monster turbine pro copper... nw im pretty much stuk with two options.. :frowning2: + my audio source will be a iphone 3g! I kindly ask people who have this headphones to share their thoughts with me... so i can decide what to buy.. and all audiophiles who can help me.. plz :)

Nov 14, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #2 of 34
Do you find your shures comfortable?

There are many threads and people complaining about the TF10 fit - now this depends on the person. I didn't find them comfortable when I heard them, neither did they hit low enough in the bass department.

If you want bass, and looking into the monster, why not consider the MTPG's Monster turbine pro golds instead? Coppers are known to be more balanced

I personally can't advise you, just making you aware of some things that came to my mind when i read your thread!
My best advice is: try before you buy - i know its very very hard, but if you can, do so

Nov 14, 2011 at 9:30 AM Post #3 of 34
TF10s are great for metal and EDM imo.

I've also owned the Pro Coppers, they might also suit you as they are fairly balanced with a good bass presence. The Coppers might be a little more picky with the source though.

Nov 14, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #5 of 34
Bro hws the low performence on TF10?? Do they have hektic ear pearsing trebels or pression treb.. + hows mids... cuz my shure se315 s mids are like " in your face".. vocals are like slaping through my ear drums... :frowning2:

Nov 14, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #6 of 34

There are many threads and people complaining about the TF10 fit - now this depends on the person. I didn't find them comfortable when I heard them, neither did they hit low enough in the bass department.

If you want bass, and looking into the monster, why not consider the MTPG's Monster turbine pro golds instead? Coppers are known to be more balanced

I personally can't advise you, just making you aware of some things that came to my mind when i read your thread!
My best advice is: try before you buy - i know its very very hard, but if you can, do so

I cant audition any of them bro.. i live in srilanka.. hear in srilanka they dnt sell any nonster products... but Tf10 can! Still the people around in hear wont give us to audition any of headphones ... :"( its quit sad... but what to do... i only can take advice from u guys and buy smthing....

Nov 14, 2011 at 9:59 AM Post #7 of 34
TF10s are great for metal and EDM imo.

I've also owned the Pro Coppers, they might also suit you as they are fairly balanced with a good bass presence. The Coppers might be a little more picky with the source though.

Bro hws the low performence on TF10?? Do they have hektic ear pearsing trebels or pression treb.. + hows mids... cuz my shure se315 s mids are like " in your face".. vocals are like slaping through my ear drums... :frowning2:..

Nov 14, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #8 of 34

Quote:
Quote:

I cant audition any of them bro.. i live in srilanka.. hear in srilanka they dnt sell any nonster products... but Tf10 can! Still the people around in hear wont give us to audition any of headphones ... :"( its quit sad... but what to do... i only can take advice from u guys and buy smthing....

be careful about advice mate - do a LOT of reading before you buy it
I bought W2's after reading so much good things about them, then was totally, totally disappointed in the bass.
I did the same thing with the IE8's and again was totally disappointed with them too.

3 products that I tried, after reading reviews on here/web:
Westone 2's
Shure se535
Ie8's

and yet all of them didn't deliver at ALL, at least for me.

I remember even asking people in electronic stores what they thought of my ie8's, they literally said: "if this is what £180 earphones sound like, I'll never spend more than £50"

I couldn't agree more with them.

I did try the MTPG's and they did impress me - sadly the price didn't
MTPG's were nice but nothing I would spend over £100 more for over the denon ah-c710's - then I came across my TFTA's and I'm happy now

Lesson learnt from me:
-I rather stick to my own decisions and not read the things at all that are on here
-I make my own mind up, even though people might suggest earphones, i rather hear them for myself, and if I can't, then I won't be buying.

Nov 14, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #9 of 34
TF 10 is awesome for metal.  It has good bass extension and quantity with a touch of midbass.

Nov 14, 2011 at 11:22 AM Post #11 of 34
The triple.fi's handle guitar noise very well, and you'll get the strong sense of space that some of the genres you listed need. UE's customer service stinks, however.

The Coppers are silly, simplistic junk. Strictly for bass-heads. One of the more inexplicable Head-Fi fads.

Nov 14, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #12 of 34

Quote:
The triple.fi's handle guitar noise very well, and you'll get the strong sense of space that some of the genres you listed need. UE's customer service stinks, however.

The Coppers are silly, simplistic junk. Strictly for bass-heads. One of the more inexplicable Head-Fi fads.

Dunno about the coppers, but honestly the MTPG's sounded nice to me - really nice, but not worth the price AT ALL - but then again, neither were the EX700's

UE customer service terrible? They are part of logitech...last time i had to deal with them...they sent me a FREE sound system worth £230...excellent CS
UE though = no idea, maybe a different branch - what experience made you say that?

Oh baby you haven't heard my TFTA 1XB's - then you'll understand what BASS is...lol :p

Coppers < MTPG's in bass
MTPG <<< TFTA1XB in bass

You get the idea :p!

Nov 14, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #13 of 34
The thing with asking for advice on this forum is that you get tons of people who's only read about the IEMs in question, or only briefly tried them at stores/meets, but they give you their opinions from fainting memories anyway and what you get is page full of speculations. 

I agree with KimChee's assessment of the TF10's sound. TF10 is the superior of the two, and in this case, more suitable for your genres of music. It is technically superior, having triple-BA drivers. Because it uses BA drivers, and also because it has replaceable cable, you can do far more things with the TF10: you can upgrade the cable to modify the sound signature; replace cable with the mic. version to use with cellphones; You can mold them into customs when they break or if you just don't like the fit, and the TF10s are an excellent value when remolded as customs; You can make them into customs AND add more drivers to them so you'd have a 4+ driver custom, with the Ultimate Ears house sound but enhanced by your selection of additional drivers. If you just use the stock TF10, I find the fit very snug and comfortable once correctly put on. However, they are HUGE and stick out, so that might be an issue in some scenarios. 

MTPC has serious quality issues, and since you are in India, I'm not sure how warranty/customer service works out over there. But the thing is, my first pair of MTPC had loose housing right out of the box, and there are tons of people who's experienced the same. I've seen many MTPC owners on this forum, who live in countries with minimal Monster Cable presence, and they have the worst time trying to get some service. Aside from that, these are decent IEMs, but they ARE picky about their sources, and despite the fact that you get three bags of ear tips, I cannot find one that's more comfortable than TF10 and comply. 

Another thing I'd like to point out about the TF10 is that, last holiday season, and the one before that, Amazon sold them for $98. Since Black Friday is coming up, I'd wait and watch the price. Even if you are in India, I'm sure you can find people who buy tons of them at $98 and sell them internationally on eBay or something. And if you can't, then definitely don't overpay for TF10 and remember, $150-$170ish is like the street price.

Anyway, you should really do a search yourself. There are tons of posts and reviews on this forum talking about these two IEMs. 

Quote:
First of all guys im realy new to this audiophile world! I have a shure Se315... but to me its some what seriously lacking on its bass dipartment. But so far i love the balance. But still it confuses me most of the time on differnt music typs.
I listn to * Death metal, black metal, thrash metal, Dubstep, ambient, Trance, post-rock/ shoegaze type of music.
. i know its kind of a salad..
smily_headphones1.gif
but nw i have about 250$ in my hand to go for a good phones.
My initial thoughts were to buy the UE triple-fi. But recently one of my friend told me about the monster turbine pro copper... nw im pretty much stuk with two options..
frown.gif
+ my audio source will be a iphone 3g! I kindly ask people who have this headphones to share their thoughts with me... so i can decide what to buy.. and all audiophiles who can help me.. plz
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #14 of 34

Quote:
The thing with asking for advice on this forum is that you get tons of people who's only read about the IEMs in question, or only briefly tried them at stores/meets, but they give you their opinions from fainting memories anyway and what you get is page full of speculations. 

I agree with KimChee's assessment of the TF10's sound. TF10 is the superior of the two, and in this case, more suitable for your genres of music. It is technically superior, having triple-BA drivers. Because it uses BA drivers, and also because it has replaceable cable, you can do far more things with the TF10: you can upgrade the cable to modify the sound signature; replace cable with the mic. version to use with cellphones; You can mold them into customs when they break or if you just don't like the fit, and the TF10s are an excellent value when remolded as customs; You can make them into customs AND add more drivers to them so you'd have a 4+ driver custom, with the Ultimate Ears house sound but enhanced by your selection of additional drivers. If you just use the stock TF10, I find the fit very snug and comfortable once correctly put on. However, they are HUGE and stick out, so that might be an issue in some scenarios. 

MTPC has serious quality issues, and since you are in India, I'm not sure how warranty/customer service works out over there. But the thing is, my first pair of MTPC had loose housing right out of the box, and there are tons of people who's experienced the same. I've seen many MTPC owners on this forum, who live in countries with minimal Monster Cable presence, and they have the worst time trying to get some service. Aside from that, these are decent IEMs, but they ARE picky about their sources, and despite the fact that you get three bags of ear tips, I cannot find one that's more comfortable than TF10 and comply. 

Another thing I'd like to point out about the TF10 is that, last holiday season, and the one before that, Amazon sold them for $98. Since Black Friday is coming up, I'd wait and watch the price. Even if you are in India, I'm sure you can find people who buy tons of them at $98 and sell them internationally on eBay or something. And if you can't, then definitely don't overpay for TF10 and remember, $150-$170ish is like the street price.

Anyway, you should really do a search yourself. There are tons of posts and reviews on this forum talking about these two IEMs. 

Well said/written!

Only thing I disagree with is: 
"It is technically superior, having triple-BA drivers."

If you want bass, BA's aren't the way to go
Dynamics any day of the week > BA's in that aspect

Nov 14, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #15 of 34
TF10 actually has extremely good bass and even better once you upgrade the cable to an aftermarket one. 
Apart from my IE8's with a $200 cable, TF10s w/ lune has had the best bass impact/detail/texture out of any other top tiers I have heard including all the dynamic driver headphones with the exception of FX700 and EX series. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back