Help me to choose a used DAP.
Dec 6, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #76 of 81
Congrats @Kejusan! I see your level of commitment & determination.
It was also good to know i helped a bit in the pushing part lols. You're welcome.
Enjoy your music...

Yup..if not without your replies, I would've bought the AK240 and tbh, I'm tempted to just go with the dx160 but since longevity is one of my highest concern, I believe (or hope) that I've made the right choice. Thanks again!

Dec 6, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #77 of 81
Just an idea, for your future needs...
1607231226956.png

Maybe not in the near future as this purchase is not in my initial budget so need to put in some savings first. I also have yet to fully experience with my current head gear (although it's not much and I could sense it doesn't utilize the full potential of the player).

But who knows, as it is with the unexpected purchase of this player.

Dec 6, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #78 of 81
Yup..if not without your replies, I would've bought the AK240 and tbh, I'm tempted to just go with the dx160 but since longevity is one of my highest concern, I believe (or hope) that I've made the right choice. Thanks again!

It would be a disservice from one audio enthusiast to another if i would be biased and not truthful according to my more than 3 decades in this hobby.
As previously mentioned, I am a Sony fanboy myself & durability is its hallmark w/ reservations to its sound parameters on some of its devices.
My flagship Walkman cassette player (1st batch to be built in its then brand new factory/robot mounting facility outside Japan) is 23 years old this year & its still working, no photo to share, we're 8,000 mi. apart lols...

Sep 22, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #79 of 81
Hi..these are the few shortlisted used DAPs under my consideration. All of these is priced around the same as a new mid range DAP (ie : DX160, M11) which is under my consideration as well. Since it's quite impossible to find a comparison review of all these DAPs I hope this forum could assist my selection :

AK120ii
1. Streaming available but for limited app
2. Wifi & BT available
3. Battery replaceable with Youtube video replacement guide and battery replacement available at Aliexpress
4. Sound quality neutral-bright but soundstage less than AK240
5. USB DAC function available
6. Pocketable size

AK240
1. Streaming for limited app
2. Wifi & BT available
3. Battery replaceable with Youtube video replacement guide and battery replacement available at Aliexpress
4. Sound quality neutral-bright with better soundstage compared to AK120ii
5. USB DAC function available
6. Pocketable but slightly larger than AK120ii

Questyle QP1R
1. No streaming
2. No wifi & BT
3. No video guide for battery replacement in Youtube and no battery replacement available at Aliexpress
4. Sound quality neutral-transparent and some say it's quite dry.
5. Is USB DAC function available?
6. Mostly raised issues are on the scroll wheel, battery drain and UI.

Opus#1
1. No streaming
2. No wifi & BT
3. Battery replaceable with battery replacement available at Aliexpress.
4. Some reviews said that it's neutral-transparent while some said that it's neutral-warm.
5. Is USB DAC function available?
6. With the price offered and good reviews it gets, it seems like a good choice but with the plastic body, I'm worried if it couldn't last as long as I wanted it to be.

Sony NW-ZX1
Mixed reviews. Not sure if it should be made part of the list.

Sony NW-Zx300
Mixed reviews. Not sure if it should be made part of the list.

Or should I just go for the new DX160? Any feedback is appreciated!
shanling has some good daps budget daps like the m6, m6 pro, m6 v21 m6 pro v21, . main difference between the old and new 21 version of the m6 is the dap, the old one uses akg amp and the 21 versions uses an ess dac.

Sep 23, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #80 of 81
shanling has some good daps budget daps like the m6, m6 pro, m6 v21 m6 pro v21, . main difference between the old and new 21 version of the m6 is the dap, the old one uses akg amp and the 21 versions uses an ess dac.
I wouldn't necessarily refer to the M6 models as a budget dap, however they do punch above their prices imo. I'm sold on Shanling, hoping some day I can afford the new M9+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back