Help me spend my $60 on headphones!
Aug 16, 2005 at 3:15 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by biiscit
I like my music to be neutral, and very precise. However, looks aren't a very big factor. Sure, I'd like for them to be stylish, but sound comes first. And thus, the only choise I have so far is the Grado SR60. Are there any other phones that match my requirements?

If you can shell out $99, Alessandro-products.com has the Grado equivalent of a SR125 (imho) but is more neutral and analytical, and definitely more precise than a portapro. Check out the Alessandro MS-1!

Aug 16, 2005 at 3:38 PM Post #18 of 27
Get the Grado SR-60's from toddthevinyljunkie.com...$75 with shipping

Aug 16, 2005 at 3:41 PM Post #19 of 27
Without reading any of the replies I'm going to tell you to spend your 60$ on the same thing I spent my 60$ (very happily).

Grado SR-60

Great phone at that price. Go get it. Ask one of the sellers who frequent head-fi to pricematch if you can... always good to keep money in the family
orphsmile.gif

Aug 16, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #20 of 27
I'm also going to reccomend the SR-60 (or the MS-1 if you can stretch you budget)

I've had the brief expirience of listening to them adn they seemed pretty nice, the bass is pronounced but not dominant like in the other phones you listed. I also found their Impact to be aswell

Others disagree But I find them both comfy and good looking

Aug 16, 2005 at 7:52 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by biiscit
The HD280 are $100 at Headroom... too much for me.

HeadRoom does price matching, so if you find a distributor that sells it for around your price, then you can buy it from HeadRoom and still get free shipping. Other than that, a burned-in HD-280 is better than a new one, so hit up those FS forums! If I'm upgrading to a HD-595 any soon, I'll let you have my HD-280...

Aug 21, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #22 of 27
My budget has just increased! Thank goodness I haven't purchased anything yet. Anyways, my budget is now $100. So far I have on my list the HD280, the Alessandro, and still the Grados. For $100, what's the most analytical phones I can get? I don't want SO analytical that it's boring, but I prefer pure sound as compared to bassy phones.

//EDIT

I just read that the MS-1's are uneven and not very analytical.. ?

Oh, by the way, also added PX100 to that list!

Aug 21, 2005 at 2:22 AM Post #23 of 27
Regardless of what everyone is telling you, whichever one of the three that you're comparing you pick is probably going to be the best headphone you've ever heard. These are 3 very good choices.

Aug 21, 2005 at 2:36 AM Post #24 of 27
Well since you raised your budget, I would get the Etymotic ER-6is definetly. They dont have much bass, but its tight and sounds good. The Highs and mids are great IMO. They look good, have some isolation, and are portable. Check them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back