Help me set up my amp + dac to computer
May 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Socrates138

New Head-Fier
I have no idea where I'm supposed to post this thread. I looked around in forums and couldn't find one that seemed, relevant so I just decided to post here.

I just got my Schiit Magni in the mail and I'm ready to set up. However I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

My set up is simple, I have a Schiit Magni for my Amp, and I have an E7 that I'm going to use for the DAC. Yes I also have the L7 line out dock as well.

I'm taking all of these things and plugging them into my computer, but here's my question, what plugs into what?

Does the amp plug into the computer and then the DAC plugs into the amp? Or the DAC plugs into the computer and the amp plugs into the DAC? Also are my headphones supposed to plug into the amp or the DAC?

May 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
PC- > dac - > amp - > headphone.

You have to use usb oor the SPDIF connectors for the external dac to work.

What type of cord do I use to connect DAC (E7) with the Amp? I'm using the L7 line out dock so what cord should I use to connect these two things?

On the Magni there's two RCA jacks labeled "R" and "L" so does that mean I have to buy a cord that connects to both of these jacks?

May 25, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #4 of 5
Head into one of your local stores and get one of these.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=180831541865
Or if you have one of these lying around, use it to connect the magni and e7.
E7 headphone out to the rca in for the Schiit magni.

I think you don't even need to use the l7 unless you can't connect the e7 to the PC directly.

May 25, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Head into one of your local stores and get one of these.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com.au/viewitem?itemId=180831541865
Or if you have one of these lying around, use it to connect the magni and e7.
E7 headphone out to the rca in for the Schiit magni.

I think you don't even need to use the l7 unless you can't connect the e7 to the PC directly.

Yeah that makes sense, that's exactly what I was thinking that I needed to get.

Thanks for the info.

I'm going to go to a store right now and buy one of these. Hopefully it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back