Help me select headphones - budget $80.00
Feb 1, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #16 of 43
You can get the DT-770/80 Pro's factory direct off ebay for $108 shipped. They are great IMO. Isolation is fantastic as is comfort and I personally love the sound. They work very well without an amp too which would be great for your flight if you don't have a portable.

Feb 1, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #18 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmAndHammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can get the DT-770/80 Pro's factory direct off ebay for $108 shipped. They are great IMO. Isolation is fantastic as is comfort and I personally love the sound. They work very well without an amp too which would be great for your flight if you don't have a portable.

How many times do I mention I live in Canada. The cheapest price on ebay.ca I can find is $80+$50 to ship to canada.. Way to expensive for me..

Feb 1, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #19 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Yamaha RH5MA is sold on eBay Canada.

The PX100 is comfortable. I don't know about the other two.

Thanks 1Time. But $61 + approx. $30 shipping, costs me $80+.. I'm sorry I just can't go over my $80 budget. I have $200 to spend, but I'll be buying a digital camera off that too, plus other things, I hope you understand
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 1, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #20 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by miggs78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks 1Time. But $61 + approx. $30 shipping, costs me $80+.. I'm sorry I just can't go over my $80 budget. I have $200 to spend, but I'll be buying a digital camera off that too, plus other things, I hope you understand
smily_headphones1.gif

Sure, no problem. I actually do understand buying headphones on a budget. I just didn't know if eBay had a Yamaha within $80 shipped, so I posted for you to check out.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 1, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #21 of 43
Thanks 1Time. Is the Sennheiser PX100 superior over the HD202's.

I was just going to go for the KOSS Portapro, but didn't know it folded, it was more like the metal on the headband might bend.

I really like the HD 202 because of the comfort in the headphones, but don't want to sacrifice the sound on the PX100 and Portapro. I guess since my local store has the HD 202, for $50 (I Know it is expensive), since it costs me about $50 with shipping off ebay, I'll just keep them.

Feb 1, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #22 of 43
If isolation isn't an issue, then the PX100's are definitely a GREAT starting point. I bought them for my dad on boxing day and he loves them.

Also, I notice you're a fellow Calgarian! I know what you mean by the scarcity of headphones in this area. However if you go downtown (K&W Audio and Loyalty Sound) they carry Grado's (I'm thinking SR-60) which may be a little bit above your budget but definitely not north of $110 CAD if you can stretch it.

Another one to consider are the AKG K-81dj. They're available at Long & McQuade for $70 right now.

Feb 1, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #23 of 43
Feb 1, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #24 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by micmacmo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This store is in Calgary. Haven't been there myself, but there Website has some phones that may meet your needs.
Axe Music - Canadian Online Music Store Guitars Bass Drums DJ Vancouver Toronto Montreal Canada

Thanks, I've been looking at that store, that's where I picked most of the AKG listing on the first page. I'll have a look at the other places too.

Oh and Howdy Calgarian Friend
smily_headphones1.gif

edit: Long & McQuade, I don't seem to find the AKG K81. Is there a good set you suggest for about $75 on axemusic.

Appreciate your help and advices.

Feb 1, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #25 of 43
Just curious. Where else are you looking for phones? I've used the classified area of this site to snag deals but would be interested in local specialty stores if they had some selection.

Oh, and howdy back!

Feb 1, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #26 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by miggs78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many times do I mention I live in Canada. The cheapest price on ebay.ca I can find is $80+$50 to ship to canada.. Way to expensive for me..

I have shipped to Canada many times and I have never had to pay $50 for shipping, and that was much larger items than a pair of headphones. Did you contact the seller of the headphones to see if they ship to Canada and how much it costs? So maybe you can mention it one more time but I don't care. It does not cost that much to ship to there.

Feb 1, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #27 of 43
Hey Arm calm down, I'm sorry I didn't mean to shout or be rude to you. I just got frustrated, I've been researching on good cans for 2 weeks now, everyday I change my pick, it is now getting frustrating, I apologize though.

I will contact the seller for sure, but you do understand a person will first look at local deals/shops, besides who likes waiting and paying for shipping, unless I am getting something really good.

Ok let's say we go back to ebay.ca, is it possible for you to suggest some good phones for about $80 including shipping.

What do you guys think of Canadian Tire and Canadian Tire

Hey MIC, so far I've just looked at axemusic, BB, FS, memory express, the Buy section here, but I find more pricey things, ebay. Basically it.

Feb 1, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #28 of 43
Could have been just me, but when I listened to the PX100 at a meet, they sounded...congested. It was through a portable set-up from an iPod and the LOD (don't recall the amp used), but those were my immediate and lasting thoughts on it.

Feb 1, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #29 of 43
I can't say enough good things about the AD700. Its crazy that you can get them for less than $100. They're worth far more.

Feb 1, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #30 of 43
I got 202 from amazon fro 20 bucks. They are comfy and have a nice long cord but are not a a large upgrade in sound from ibuds (they do have more bass). What about some audio technical cans say ath-fc700a. I don't know how they sound but would fit your cash flow.

For plane ride i use ibuds under peltor red micky mouse hearing protectors. Its really really loud on those planes I believe noise reduction has it's limits and any regular head isn't going to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back