help me pick out my beyers? and a question about ear pads
Mar 9, 2013 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mk4gtijoe

New Head-Fier
so ive got some cash in my pocket and i want my first pair of beyers from amazon( pretty good deals). im torn between the dt990 pro 250 ohms dt770 250ohms and the custom one pros. im looking for a nice warm sound, something that will bring out the brutality in my death metal and the crazy constantly changing bass in my rap trap dubstep hardstyle hardbass trance techno and moombahton and bring out the clarity in my classical and country. im  going to be pairing these with a fiio e07k. id also like the abillity to rattle my brain with bass and make my ear lobes vibrate. i like the oppenness of the 990s the thunderous bass of the 770s and the cops cause of the removable cable and and custom sound. but i dont know what to choose....on a side note... do the velour pads from the 770s fit the cops? or the shure velour pads??

Mar 10, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #4 of 7
Please be patient. Bumping every few hours is frowned upon on headfi. 
Remember that a large portion of headfiers are European (where Beyers are from 
wink.gif
), which means we're all asleep while you're bumping, and it might be one of us that can help you with your problem.

If you want to go portable, the DT770 is the way to go for pure sound quality and versatility. 

Mar 10, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #5 of 7
Yeah frequent bumping gets annoying and people will stop responding.

The 80 Ohm version of the DT770's are the bass heavy ones; the others don't have really boosted bass. But even then, they're not extreme basshead headphones. They're still fairly accurate and sound pretty natural. They might have enough bass for you, though, not sure how much of a basshead you are.

Mar 10, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #6 of 7
Well I use to own a pair of ath pro700mk2 with a fiio e11 and that was enough bass for me... I want bass but not class d competition sub bass.. but I want the ability to vibrate my ear lobes.... So yall recommend the 770s over the 990 pros and COPs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back