Help me pick a md player
Dec 3, 2001 at 7:09 PM Post #16 of 21
I downloaded the manual from MiniDisc.org, and oddly I can't find *any* info at all about line-out mode. It talks about hooking the SR60 up to a stereo, but it doesn't say how to set volume or toggle the mode.

I'm wondering if the SR60 has the auto-sensing line-out jack found in older Sharp models...

Dec 3, 2001 at 8:33 PM Post #18 of 21
Now that's really odd
wink.gif
'Cuz the 722 is supposed to have an auto-impedance-sensing line-out/headphone jack that changes outputs automatically when you use it as a line-out. We actually have both a 702 and 722, but have never used either for line out (I use my MZ-R50), so I can't say for sure. I'll have to try it one of these days.

Dec 3, 2001 at 8:43 PM Post #19 of 21
I can't believe that Sharp would make the SR60 (which was made around the same time as the 722 and 821) any different by including a better lineout, especially since it was touted as a entry-level model to begin with. I would bet that it's exactly like all the other (newer) models. I would go with the MT90 instead of the SR60 for the reasons you already listed.

Dec 3, 2001 at 9:23 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

I can't believe that Sharp would make the SR60 (which was made around the same time as the 722 and 821) any different by including a better lineout, especially since it was touted as a entry-level model to begin with. I would bet that it's exactly like all the other (newer) models. I would go with the MT90 instead of the SR60 for the reasons you already listed.

I agree with you completely -- the SR60 was the "budget" line, while the MT90 was the mid/high line. The one advantage the SR60 has is a 10mW headphone jack (as opposed to 5mW for the MT90); but if you're going to be using a headphone amp, no biggie.

As for timelines, the SR60 was introduced in early 2000 (and I believe is still being produced), while the 722 was introduced in late 1998. The 821 was introduced in early 1999, just a few months after the 722. There was some overlap in production, but the SR60 is a much newer unit. That said, the 722 and 821 were and are much better units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back