Help me find this band, you people of yesteryear
Jul 20, 2006 at 10:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Enverxis

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

I'm dating myself but does anyone here know of the 70's band "Renaissance" from England? It's not exactly what you would call metal. I would describe it as symyphonic progressive rock with a hint of jazz if that makes any sense. The vocalist was Annie Haslam, a soprano with a 5 octave range and a very haunting voice. She now lives in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.

I remember a while ago Gratefulshrink was trying to introduce me to bands from the late 60's-70's, after aaages of looking I finally found something I might be interested in, I was wondering if anyone here has heard of these guys ?

Jul 20, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis
I remember a while ago Gratefulshrink was trying to introduce me to bands from the late 60's-70's, after aaages of looking I finally found something I might be interested in, I was wondering if anyone here has heard of these guys ?

LOL, I saw them at an outdoor summer concert at Tanglewood (in the Berkshires) in the summer of 1979. I was sixteen. I don't remember too much, but, IIRC, they had a unique mixture of folk-rock, progressive jazz, and airy vocals. don't know if their sound will stand the test of time....

Jul 21, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 6
I love 'em. Annie Haslam is one of the best vocalists you'll ever hear.

They have a greatest hits package called "1001 Arabian Nights" or something like that - it is very good.

And, for the record, I'm a person of yesteryear AND today.
wink.gif

Jul 21, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #5 of 6
If you like Renaissance, Curved Air is a very similar sound from the same era.

See ya
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back