Help me find the right pair of Bluetooth Headphones.
Jun 15, 2011 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Patass

New Head-Fier
I've had the BlueAnt X5's for a few years, and they were my end game for the longest time. I really, really like them. They sound great, they're extremely comfortable, they dont fall off, they have extremely long battery life, they have swappable batteries, an attachable microphone, are foldable and fit in my pocket....Everything, EVERYTHING i was looking for...until recently.

I have a Motorola Xoom tablet. When I connect my bluetooth mouse, the Razer Orochi, the sound from the headphones cuts out when I move the mouse.

I thought this was just an outdated bluetooth issue, as the heaphones are v1.2. My bluetooth car stereo is bluetooth v2.0, and I was able to move my mouse, click, type on my bluetooth keyboard, and listen to music at the same time with no interference.

I wasnt able to find another pair as much as I liked the X5's, so I purchased the Jabra Halo on Amazon knowing I could just return it if I didnt care for them. These headphones stutter when I move my mouse. They also fall off my head more easily than I would like, but the sound quality is a bit better than my X5's. It also has a wired option, so I could just plug them in when I use my mouse.

http://www.amazon.com/BlueAnt-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset-Black/dp/B000FL60P8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1308159679&sr=8-2

Those are the X5's

http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-HALO-Bluetooth-Stereo-Headset/dp/B002PY7P2K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308160149&sr=8-1

Those are the Jabra Halos.

Now, does anyone know of a bluetooth headset options similar to the X5's? I havent been able to find anything else like them, taking everything into consideration. Nothing has the swappable batteries.

I would probably be ok with the Jabras if they didnt fall off my head so easily, so I guess I want to try and stick with the behind the head style. Either that, or the kind that have cups that go over my ears if I can find some in the same price range (50 dollars).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jun 15, 2011 at 4:26 PM Post #4 of 6
Jun 15, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #5 of 6
i  mentioned i  the original post that the price range was somewhere arou d 50 dollars.  i dont need noise cancellation or anything super fancy like that, i just need them to have swappable batteries, be foldable, be comfortable, and to work with m/y mouse. also a button layout that isnt rearted would be nice.

When school starts back up i may invest in the cheaper seinhesier or sony sets, if i cant find anything else that is cheaper

Jun 15, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #6 of 6
i own sony bt101s. not bad sound for bluetooth. the materials seem somewhat cheap but they are actually quite durable. sound was  better than i expected being bluetooth and all. the mic for taking calls is extremely sensitive though especially if its windy or on public transportation. i have a xom also and it was relatively easy to pair although it was the only bluetooth device ive had hooked up to the xoom at once. altogether i felt i got my moneys worth for $50 on amazon. oh yeah, battery life is ridiculous from a full charge; at least 15 hours of listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back