Help me find something that fit my stupid ears!
Oct 17, 2007 at 9:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

spambob

New Head-Fier
Hello folks,

I've just found this great forum and am now hoping you can help me in my search for in-ear headphones. When I was younger I always used in-ear phones but nowadays I can't seem to find any ones that fit my ears. The big problem is that my ears, especially the left one, don't seem like they're made for keeping buds in place. All the ones I've tried just keep on falling out of my ears after a short while. Instead I now normally use my Porta Pros when I'm out walking, but I really really would like to found a pair of in-ears that I can use.

So, hoping that I'm not the only one with underdeveloped ears and that someone has found a pair that fits, please help me! All suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Oct 18, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #4 of 5
I know that you can order really small foamies for Ety ER4P/S . I don't have large ear canals, but they're a bit too small for me. I also like the Shure small olive foamies. They fit me perfectly.

Oct 18, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #5 of 5
are you sure you're getting a good seal in the first place? when i first got my IEM I had the same problem, but i realized I wasn't pushing them in my ear far enough (mostly due to the weird sensation of putting something in there that far -- I thought they were in far enough once you begin to feel that so i didn't push any further... then i tried pushing further and despite more of that weird sensation, they felt fine after that and never fell out).

None of the bi-flange or tri-flange tips worked very well for me either, so I put on foam tips and they worked the best. best seal, and kept the most outside noise out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back