Help me find some good dubstep
Jun 15, 2010 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

rasmushorn

Headphoneus Supremus
Dubstep is a very narrow genre as far as I know - none the less I love it.

I know these artists:
- Reso
- Rusko
- Sub Scape
- Taz Buckfaster 

Any other ideas of which artists I should check out?

Jun 16, 2010 at 2:29 PM Post #5 of 24
I don't really know if it's very good or not but there's a very frequent podcast available: DUBSTEP FM PODCAST. Tons of material, I think from the US. I get it on iTunes in Canada.

Burial is excellent, though not really typical... Was listening to this on the Ettys a few nights ago for a change - interesting perspective.

Jun 16, 2010 at 2:42 PM Post #7 of 24
iTAL tEK

Simply brilliant, no grime flavour to it though. Not the club kind, more like the headphone kind :D. Id call it happy dubstep with a hint of braindance.

Just get Cyclical.. you wont regret it. And then make sure to check on his releases onwards on, he is ridiculously young for someone putting something that solid together.

Jun 16, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #8 of 24
Benga - Diary of an Afro Warrior and Scuba - Triangulation are solid releases and incorporate the dubstep flavour yet extend pass the boundaries to blend in 2 step, house and techno influences to add variety to the mix.

Jun 18, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #10 of 24
Thank you for all the recommendations. My headphones will be pumping during the weekend browsing all the artists you have recommended.... Thanks! 

Jul 2, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #12 of 24

Quote:
I think that Noisia track just ruptured my spleen.

Pretty much all the links racer_x124 added did the same to me.... 
L3000.gif
 This stuff was exactly what I was looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back