Help me find over the ear headphones
Dec 23, 2012 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

dangerzone9k

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase over the ear headphones before the year is over and I need everyone's help.  My only decent earphones have been se215s but now I want to get over the ear headphones.  My budget is $300 but I'm williing to spend more.  I like to listen to rap/dubstep/trance/hip hop/ a little bit of everything.  What headphones should I consider?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Dec 23, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:
I'm looking to purchase over the ear headphones before the year is over and I need everyone's help.  My only decent earphones have been se215s but now I want to get over the ear headphones.  My budget is $300 but I'm willing to spend more.  I like to listen to rap/dubstep/trance/hip hop/ a little bit of everything.  What headphones should I consider?

What sources are you plugging the headphones into?

Dec 23, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
iPhone/laptop

Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80) closed headphones, sell for around $85.
and a Fiio E07K ($89) portable DAC and headphone amplifier, to make sure your getting the best out of any headphone.
The E07K's amp (but not DAC) can be used with the iPhone (need Fiio L cable, $10) and the E07K can use both it's DAC & amp. with the laptop (USB connection).

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #6 of 8
update.. basically I'm stilling looking for over the ear headphones in the $300 range.  I have a $150 amazon gift card that I can use towards this purchase. 

Here are come headphones that I'm considering.
bose quietComfort 15
sennheiser hd600
sennheiser momentum
v moda m100
sony mdr 1r

Most likely I'll probably end up with the M100s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back