Help me find a specific kind of phone for workouts...
Jul 5, 2001 at 11:19 PM Post #16 of 25
Neruda, that depends on their fit! Mine fit quite tightly in my ears, so I get boomy, crappy bass! They were rather loose on you, so you get almost no bass response at all!
eek.gif

Jul 5, 2001 at 11:42 PM Post #17 of 25
markl:

Please, I'm begging you... please go buy a pair of Koss KSC-35. They are IMHO the *ultimate* exercise headphones. You can often get them at Circuit City for around $20-25, or at headphone.com for $29; . If you don't like them, you can return them, but I'll bet money that you'll never return them
wink.gif

I just can't stand it when people buy awful-sounding headphones
wink.gif

P.S. If you're a serious exerciser, avoid the KSC-50 (the newer version of the 35). They fall off pretty easily.

Jul 5, 2001 at 11:55 PM Post #18 of 25
eagle, I got plenty of bass, but there was no low bass. It didn't seem like they were hitting anything below about 60hz at all!

Jul 6, 2001 at 12:45 AM Post #20 of 25
MacDEF,
So I went to Headroom and checked out those phones. I'm concerned about comfort and their ability to stay in my ears. Those are the primary reasons i prefer the other kind (vertical). How is fit and comfort level? i move around a lot (runner), so they have to stay secured.

markl

Jul 6, 2001 at 1:18 AM Post #21 of 25
the KSC-35's will not move a millimeter. They're very light so they don't move around easily, and the clip keeps them very secure. And personally I found them to be very comfortable.

Jul 6, 2001 at 3:14 AM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Neruda
I got plenty of bass, but there was no low bass...

It seems as though Sony had manufactured at least three different 16mm drivers for its earbuds. The low-end "PET" version is notorious for having plenty of bass, but with almost no low bass extension.
eek.gif
My MDR-E888LP's, with their "biocellulose" diaphragms, have some low bass but somewhat weak mid-bass - thus, rock and dance music will sound a bit "hollow"; my MDR-ED268LP's are better for such music (especially with such crap-shoot mastering on such recordings).
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2001 at 3:28 AM Post #24 of 25
>So I went to Headroom and checked out those phones. I'm concerned
>about comfort and their ability to stay in my ears. Those are the
>primary reasons i prefer the other kind (vertical). How is fit and
>comfort level? i move around a lot (runner), so they have to stay
>secured.

They are very comfortable, and to be honest, I've even played casual basketball with them a couple of times
wink.gif
-- this wasn't a full-out game, but still, they didn't fall off. My girlfriend wears them running all the time.

But, again, avoid the KSC-50. They WILL fall off. They are heavier and they don't fit as well. That's also the reason I would avoid the KSC-55 -- I don't think they'll be as snug.

Jul 6, 2001 at 3:29 AM Post #25 of 25
the KSC-55 might be a but too heavy, but who knows. I think the ksc-35 is probably the best for active use, since it's so lightweight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back