Help me find a pot
Mar 16, 2018 at 10:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tarsonis

Head-Fier
Hey there,

I'm searching for a replacement pot for my USB DAC.

I'm searching for better alternatives that fit and are dented since around two weeks now...
Mostly they are dent free. Thats the most important one for me. Would just use the next best now but I don't find anything.

I know its a custom made Alps and I would get one for 20 bucks. But unfortunately I don't really know if its the pot thats broken. So I would prefer to buy a test batch for 1-2$ each around my place.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #2 of 3
Assuming you mean detented. Seems odd that a brand new ALPS would die in two years. Did you source from a reputable dealer? There are a number of fake ALPS pots out there.

Did you run a search on Mouser yet? https://www.mouser.com/Passive-Comp...-Rheostats/Potentiometers/_/N-9q0yp?P=1yzmno7 ... search for 2 gang pots @ 10K with the detent feature then see if they're in your neck of the woods. You may need to run fly leads as the lead spacing may be different. You also really don't need the detent feature if you're just testing.

Mar 16, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #3 of 3
Yes I searched also on mouser. I only found pots with a center detent which would fit. Not with 41 steps. The thing is if its the pot thats faulty I still need to find a solution. Thats why I hope to find a final fix. I look around further

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back