help me find a good set of IEMs for use with IPOD Touch
Dec 17, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do a search here on live.com cashback deal. but the cashback is 8% now, heard it may go up before xmas.

Ahhh, looks like I will have to wait for the big %age drop... from the roomers I've heard they might be doing a 30-50% cash back deal soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keithpgdrb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you might want to look into the new head-direct RE0. I just got mine, and they are pretty sweet. I'm still burning them in, but they seem to fit some of what your looking for. there are a couple reviews. check them out.

Those do look pretty cool. thanks for adding to the list of possible cans
beerchug.gif

~~~~~~~
Beyond all that I'm flying to see a family member for Christmas, so I'd like to get whatever set of IEM's I decide on well before then. I gotta have something for flying down to see the fam ratheir then the roar of the jet engines
rolleyes.gif

Dec 17, 2008 at 11:08 AM Post #18 of 27
I would say look on the B/S forum for some triple.fi 10s. You can find them at as low as $200z. However, I have noticed on my touch that most earphones there is a noticable hiss without anything playing. Using a sound attentuator is said to get rid of this.

Dec 17, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would say look on the B/S forum for some triple.fi 10s. You can find them at as low as $200z. However, I have noticed on my touch that most earphones there is a noticable hiss without anything playing. Using a sound attentuator is said to get rid of this.

is your touch first or second gen? cause my iphone is dead silent

Dec 17, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #20 of 27
It just dawned on me that I didn't even post what I listen to.
I listen to a lot of trance/techno. and honestly I hate when bass is overdone and boomy. But I know that I like my bass tight and well defined.

I also listen to a lot of jazz and piano based music. then of coarse rock and roll...

I'm eyeing up the SA6 and a couple of others that were said earlier.
I really do want to keep this set of IEM's under $250 if at all passable which of coarse kills the WE3's. I'd say a absolute MAX of $300 but I don't want to go that high since I know that I won't use these THAT much. so the orig budget of $150-200 is where I'd like to keep things for now...

off to work I go, I'll try to do a bit more research there if I can get the chance.

Dec 17, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #21 of 27
The Shure SE530's are an amazing pair of earphones. The only flaw with these earphones is it's high frequency roll off which can easily be fixed with the iPod's "Treble Boost" EQ. Once that EQ is activated the sound opens up and your hear even "more" details in your music. I got my Shure SE530's on Amazon for $300 but you could probably find it for $250 or less.

Dec 17, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you think your touch might be defective? I have a 2g, my wife has a 1g, and neither of them hiss at all with ER4s, Apple IEMs or any of several full sized cans.

I've never had the problem and so didn't pay much attention, but wasn't there a firmware upgrade that took care of that in the earliest 1g model?

Dec 18, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Shure SE530's are an amazing pair of earphones. The only flaw with these earphones is it's high frequency roll off which can easily be fixed with the iPod's "Treble Boost" EQ. Once that EQ is activated the sound opens up and your hear even "more" details in your music. I got my Shure SE530's on Amazon for $300 but you could probably find it for $250 or less.

What kind of music do you listen to?

Dec 18, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #24 of 27
I'd strongly recommend the SA6 for small ears and smooth mids. SE530 has very nice mids as well but does not do spectacularly on the treble, furthermore it will bust your budget. SA6 is an excellent choice and so will the Klipsch Image X10 (but I prefer the SA6).

Dec 18, 2008 at 8:08 AM Post #25 of 27
I placed my order for the SA6's. From all the research I've done they seem to match my tastes the best for the amount I'm willing to put down.

Thanks again head-fi!
ksc75smile.gif

Edit, no worries I'll be adding my review soon as they arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back