help me find a good set of IEMs for use with IPOD Touch
Dec 13, 2008 at 7:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

pwrusr

100+ Head-Fier
I've been meaning to look for these for a while now but I've been soo busy at work lately to even glance at anything "can" related
frown.gif

From what I can tell the dual or tri driver IEM's seem to be best for what I want... that is smooth from the bottom to the top. GOOD detailed bass though NOT boomy or over emphisized, smooth mids and detailed highs (not overly so, this isn't a loudness butten ya know
wink.gif
).

Help me narrow down what's out there to a few that we here know will meet those needs.

Thanks,
beerchug.gif

Dec 13, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 27
ohhh, yeah that would help...
$150-250max

Dec 13, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #4 of 27
For that price, I'd say Westone UM2, FS Atrio M5, Sleek Audio SA6, or Klipsch Image X10.

Best bass: Atrio M5
Best clarity/accuracy: SA6
Best comfort: Image X10
Best for larger ears: UM2/Atrio M5
Best for smaller ears: Image X10
Best all-arounder(s) (not analytical): UM2/Image X10

Dec 13, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #7 of 27
The Super.fi 3 Studio will sound fine (Not as good as IEMs in the $150-$250 range of course), but as with all UE IEMs, you're going to have a hard time getting them to work for you if you have a small ear canal.

There are a lot of people here who really like the Super.fi 3 Studio sound signature, even over the Super.fi 5 Pro. I don't own it personally, but I'd say it's probably a good $100 investment.

Another option to consider if you like a focus on clarity is the Etymotic HF5 going for $100 (Red only) on Amazon.com right now. It's going to have less bass than a lot of other IEMs, but the clarity is also going to be a lot better. Some have described the HF5 as a "super" Etymotic ER6i.

Amazon.com: Etymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones (Ruby): Electronics

Dec 14, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #8 of 27
Wow thanks for the great input guys!

I guess the sound I'm looking for is something like my DT880's but with a tiny bit more bass and less sibilance. Looking over things quickly I saw the UM2's come up again. Those were the iem's I've been trying to remember.

The Sleek Audio SA6 looks like a interesting set of iem's with alot of thought going into making them sound good.

I found out when I bought a cell phone (came with a decent set of in ear cans) that my ears are on the smaller side. so that will play a factor in this I'm sure.

So with those ideas in mind are the recommendations the same?

Dec 15, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #9 of 27
What are good IEMs for small ears?

And the westone3 looks quite tempting as well! if I raised the max to $399 are there any better IEM's out there other then the westone 3's?

Dec 15, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #10 of 27
I have the iPhone with W3, they sound amazing compare to the E4c I got before. They are so comfortable that I'm able to wear them for 4-5 hours per day at work. The Shures I got, I only can wear them the most is couple hours.

If you use the live.com cash back the W3 can be as low as 280, which how much I pay for mine couple weeks ago.

Dec 16, 2008 at 7:02 AM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the iPhone with W3, they sound amazing compare to the E4c I got before. They are so comfortable that I'm able to wear them for 4-5 hours per day at work. The Shures I got, I only can wear them the most is couple hours.

If you use the live.com cash back the W3 can be as low as 280, which how much I pay for mine couple weeks ago.

Woah! Where exactly did you get that deal? I've never used or heard about live.com's cash back program.

If I can get these bad boys for $280 I most certenly will
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #15 of 27
you might want to look into the new head-direct RE0. I just got mine, and they are pretty sweet. I'm still burning them in, but they seem to fit some of what your looking for. there are a couple reviews. check them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back