Help me decide
Sep 25, 2010 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

catalyst21

New Head-Fier
I'm currently auditioning the D7000 and SR325is. I've been doing my research on here and it seems like people are in favor of the SR225i as it's commonly referred to as "Grado's sweet spot." I'm not going to front, but I love the D7000, however, for some eccentric reason, I keep going back to the SR325is...Am I weird or do my ears just miss the Grado sound? I can't seem to have long listening sessions with the SR325is because it is pretty bright as people also said...

So my question is will I like the SR225i? I mean, it does have low price, and I have previously owned my share of budget headphones, so I really don't want something that's considered trash in the near future. I really want to keep a pair of good headphones, mostly one that's popular and falls within a sweet spot in a company's line up. I've read that people love the RS1i, and that the Statement and Professional series from Grado are just amazing and it really makes me wonder whether I'd be on the hook later and would want just something much better than thr SR225i. Will the SR225i suit me well, or am I better off with the D7000 or SR325is? Have you guys ever felt that even though you own an expensive good pair of headphones, that you might want to downgrade because of the reviews a product gets? That somewhere beyond all of the talking, that there might actually be a better or of the same quality headphone as the more expensive that you already own?

Anyway, let me be brief about this. I'm thinking of keeping the D7000 because of it's marvelous sound, looks and everything, but I also keep going back to the SR325is because it's a big change and my ears are sort of eager for it's sound after a day or two of the D7000. I also like the look and feel of the grado, except that comfort is sort of an issue. I'm currently happy with the stock cushins because they provide the best sound. I have tried the G-cush but the sound dramatically changes and I really don't seem to like it. So what I was thinking is to try the S-cush, the flat ones on the ear because they seem to be the most comfortable out of the others. So, do you guys think if I ge tthe SR225i and s-cushins, will I be happier than the SR325i and D7000? You can tell me to try it and what not, but my thinking is always to go with the most expensive (lol). I want to stop that because I know that there is better or same for a lower price and that is why I'm thinking of letting go of my D7000 and getting a Grado. I want no other company except for Grado. I never knew i'd like a Grado so much, especially for the price...the detail, bass, and everything about the SR325is is insane, except that, people say it's a downgrade fro mthe SR225i, even though it costs about 30-40% less. I never thought I'd like it this much. I really want to know though, from yoru own experiences, if I'd look back in the future after getting the SR225i. I mean, I'm sure later I'd be able to get one of the top Grado or even upgrade to another Grado, but I'm chiefly speaking of the SR225i as it's own, will it hold it's own grounds with me or will I think back?

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to this! I really appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back